Notices

My doctor died

Old 07-08-2021, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My doctor died

While I know I'm not directly responsible, I still feel guilty for causing him stress. Now, I've had several docs, but this one I really hated. He never, ever took me seriously. He moved to another country, was about the same age as me, maybe about a few years older.... Maybe it is karma, I have no idea. Regardless,

RIP G.D. I know you'd wish to help, but maybe you did simply not have the strength.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Polaroid. Even if you didn't like him very much it's always confronting when your doctor dies.

We share a lot of personal stuff with our doctor can't help but reflect.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers up for all who knew and loved this person.

I'm sure you were not a factor in his death tho Polaroid.

You said yourself you hated the guy and he didn't do much for you, or did not take you seriously - I hope your current, or next, doctor is a better fit.

D
Old 07-09-2021, 03:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry about that @Polaroid. I kind of know how you feel. My neighbor took her own life a couple weeks ago. Like you I feel guilty that maybe I could have done more for her. Occasionally I used to give her a ride to work and let her use my phone. It's extra tough because she was only 27 with her whole life ahead of her. As DEE said, I'm sure it wasn't your fault. It's just something we have to accept as best we can.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

I’m sorry Polaroid. It has to be a strange feeling losing a doctor with whom you’ve had a medically personal relationship. I’ve had lots of doctors in my adult life and to my knowledge, I can’t recall one who has passed away. As Dee said, I hope your next doctor is a better fit for you. 🤗
Old 07-09-2021, 05:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He was actually the brother of my sisters friend's mother. He moved to England, and caught a disease. That's how he died.

I've been off both alcohol and benzos for a few days now, and holy --. I used them to just numb myself, as it appears I am extremely sensitive, and the feelings have come back crazier than ever. The other day, I started crying for no reason during a meeting with my support-system.

The doctor whom I'm referring to, I mentioned in another thread... wrote two pages of notes (describing my situation) without no outcome at all. He didn't bother to read it. Not even a single sentence.

That's why I hated him, but ... the way I think is usually this: There's a reason people behave in a way we may think is wrong. Put yourself in his shoes for a bit, you would understand. Hope you are in a better place, buddy.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hate my family doctor, he thought he was the God of doctors and would not examine you properly before diagnosing the first thing that came to his mind. Now he's dead i can laugh about it but lord knows how many people he killed back in the bad old days of medicine in the 70s and 80s.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your clean and sober time, man. Dealing with feelings gets easier. Stay with it

D
Old 07-10-2021, 02:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scd619x View Post
I hate my family doctor, he thought he was the God of doctors and would not examine you properly before diagnosing the first thing that came to his mind. Now he's dead i can laugh about it but lord knows how many people he killed back in the bad old days of medicine in the 70s and 80s.
The best doc I had was actually in his 70s. He had the experience, wasn't condescending, was a LOT more tolerant than the docs today. Sadly, I think students today choose to become docs because they think it set a certain social certain social status, in addition to other things I won't bother to mention.