Notices

I need help

Old 07-05-2021, 01:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by ZeroNowhere570 View Post
Bad. Got home and started drinking. I know I need to stop. And for good. I’m 31 already time to get it together.
Don't post and disappear, as has been your habit. Don't be 32, 35, 40 years old and making the same plea to quit.

Put down the drink, read and post to SR daily, and formulate a plan to get sober life.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah, where did you go?...Come on, man. Put the whiskey bottle down and sober up. There's no better time than right now!!
You can do it , Let's go...
Old 07-05-2021, 02:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Big hug for you ZN! It's tough. Really, really tough. It took me a long time to find the tools that have helped me quit. I would really encourage you to have an honest conversation with your doctor. Perhaps they can admit you for a medically supervised detox, and help you find an in or outpatient rehab. It's really going to be easier if you have support IRL. At the very least, there are 24/7 AA meetings on zoom. You can just join one at any time of the day or night and there is always a meeting in progress. How are you feeling today?
Old 07-21-2021, 11:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

ZeroNowhere570-
Once I decided on a day 1, one of many, I knew the urges would be greatest from 5-8 pm for me; I had a plan for mocktails (diet tonic with cranberry) to keep myself occupied. After the time passed, I knew I would feel better in the morning, and that feeling of not having a hangover and guilt, made it easier for day 2 on onward. It is not easy- don't get me wrong. But you must try if at all possible. Keep us updated!