Notices

Don't worry about the future.

Old 06-14-2021, 03:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Don't worry about the future.

Worrying rarely gets us anywhere especially if we are just realising a problem with something that is getting out of control. I know I was in denial for a long time until I couldn't deny it no longer (health was on a downward spiral) and I didn't want anyone to know. When I first started asking for help it was only to get people off my back in the beginning I was going meetings for other people until someone said to me very early on at least your honest about it and how could I stay sober if I was doing it to please others, I replied I don't want to stop (I was feeling really alone and lost in 2013) eventually I heard others talking about things I did and done and some things I hadn't yet but was aware because of the way I was going on that it was only a matter of time before I was doing such things. So basically I had to find something and truth be told there's no way I think I could of done it alone. If it wasn't for Alcoholics Anonymous, Group therapy, my only Sponsor at the time and Mrs Soberwolf and my big sisters and little brother really helped in pulling me through the first few months. I experienced so many cravings that messed my head and days up but I refused to go back to hell I reached and stayed strong started reading and bettering myself madly from this site here SR has been the best thing that ever happened to my recovery I've had countless disagreements, a few blow outs and I've been rude on occasion not that I'm proud of that but from seeing longer recovery than my own I knew I had to learn what others had can't explain it but logging in here daily getting involved speaking or helping someone you might be able to with a short message of hope stuff like that saved me on the daily

Speak to the mods her go to to the 24h page log in for your next 24h commitment and meet all the peeps here wanting to help you will meet all sorts here and I love that too because it's real life ok internet forum but real people with real stuff happening in thier lives
​​​​​​in short don't be thinking you can't do this or you will be weaker for it I used to be a 20+ stone (over 200lbs) big guy today I'm down to 14st mostly muscle well I went to 15st but I still look very muscular I don't take anything for an advantage except food and water

Going to leave it there as I've started waffling about myself lol

Worrying is as effective as chewing bubble gum to pass a exam

Make friends have a laugh in recovery because your going to laugh at one point I promise x
Old 06-14-2021, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is so wonderful that you have recovered from active addiction and are sharing what has worked for you. I know that what you have done can work for others as well. Congrats on reclaiming your life. Believing in oneself and believing in the power of a community can really have a positive outcome. Congrats on your weight loss as well! I am proud of you and am very happy that you are a part of this community! Onward and Upwards and all that jazz!
Old 06-14-2021, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do most people not worry about the future? I'm in AA also and I've met a handful of people that profess to not worrying about the future, i don't follow them home so I've no idea if they do or don't? I think it is amazing that you have got to this point and I take my hat off to you, seriously. From my many years experience in AA it is always an 'easier' journey if you come in with relations like a wife, family etc as you will usually end up sober with what you had when you were drunk. BUT AA is an all inclusive organisation, of course, and i know a lot of people who came into AA single and alone and got fellowship etc to end up sober for years and years, still worried about the future, still full of anxiety and despair but having a place to go and a guide to living that they could rely on.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well said, Soberwolf!😁
Old 06-15-2021, 12:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm trying Soberwolf. And, thanks for everything.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rar

Well, I知 not in AA, but I知 a worrier. I ruminate about everything and sometimes will even wake up in a panic because I知 worrying. Not drinking does help. I don稚 worry about the monkey on my back any more and I知 relieved that any conversations, communications, decisions were not influenced by alcohol. I spent lots of time worrying about the stuff that happened while I was drinking. Even if it were perfectly fine, I still doubted myself.

I知 glad I知 in this forum because even the online fellowship helps.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well said Wolfie!