Notices

What do you do with your time?

Old 06-03-2021, 11:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I play golf, a whole lot of golf. 2 rounds each weekend. Not for everyone but it helps me spend 7-8 hours each weekend doing something healthy and having a good laugh with some friends (all of whom don't drink). We play golf at crazy times like 8am on New Year's day, etc. It has kept me sane in lockdown and fills my weekends just enough for me to do everything else I need to do (family, home, supermarket, car, etc). It's been a complete transformation for me, I would have been lying in bed drunk, depressed and ill. Almost 4 years now, it can be done!
Old 06-04-2021, 12:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dee said it and there is soooo much truth to it and so simple.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Now that I'm about 3.5 years sober, I have a ton to do, because I have a lot of interests and I'm more productive overall. When I first stopped drinking, I remember how difficult it was to get through the late afternoon and evening, so I read a LOT. I went back to NYT bestseller lists from past years and downloaded ebooks from the public library. It allowed me to "escape" in a much less destructive way. I also ran errands during that time, and it felt so freeing to be able to drive and function like a "normal" person. I also slept, a LOT, every chance I got in the early days. It will get SO much easier over time, and you will probably find that the hours fly by (instead of dragging on until it was finally drinking time or bedtime, the way I used to feel).
Old 06-05-2021, 02:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Rar

I’m only on Day 6, still lethargic and trying to get the motivation to do more, but it’s improving a bit. Seemed I had more energy while I was drinking. I would do household chores all the while carrying a can of beer around. My house was cleaner when I was drinking. I play golf several times a week and am learning to play Mahjongg. I live in an Over 55 retirement community and have a multitude of activities available to me. During my drinking days I preferred to stay home and drink. Now I can do them if only I can find the interest and motivation.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Love reading and do a copious amount of it including my audio books. Am in my advanced years now so my daily life is very simplified and consists of self indulgent things including netflix and Amazon prime movies and series in the evenings and then necessary chores and exercise during the day with an hour of reading and napping.