Notices

90 Days Today - Update

Old 05-11-2021, 06:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

90 days is wonderful, Paddy. So proud of you.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three months sober! Keep going cause it gets better.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
Thirty days hath September
I actually printed out the exact jingle and have it on my desk top, because trying to memorize it has been impossible for me so far. I can remember "Thirty days hath September," and I can usually remember "April," but then what follows is any one syllable month that doesn't break the rhythm of the rhyme, and then everything goes down hill from there. I have never figured out why that mnemonic device is so useless to me. I've even tried to understand what its mnemonic strength might be, but all I can remember is its pleasant rhythm.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good job, Paddy! So good to hear. I say give your mates wide berth for now. There will be a time when it won't be a problem, but not after only 90 days, unless you meet for coffee. Stay away from all pubs as that will involve way too many triggers. And glad to hear your wife is back! Also.. a daily run or bike ride at hard effort when you're home will produce enough endorphins to keep the cravings at bay..

Proud of you man.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Paddy123

Hi Whitehorses, Thank you for your reply, I'm only on Campral 4 days this time and also taking an antidepressant Zoloft, Its hard to tell at the minute if they are taking any effect just now as have many side effects from the antidepressant tablets, but on a previous dry time they did help me a lot. They helped to sharpen my brain and hence I made more rational decisions like staying sober, also they did help me with sleep big time. Falling asleep faster, deeper sleep and longer sleep, waking up refreshed. They normally take a week to start taking effect for me, I find taking 6 tablets a day (3 x 2 doses) morning, afternoon, and night a bit of a pain, but it's okay. Are you going to give them a try? I wish you the best of luck and please let me know how you are getting on. You can see many reviews if you google "Campral reviews" all are quite positive. Have a nice day, Paddy
Old 05-13-2021, 01:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Paddy123

Thanks Advbike for your response, good advice thanks, yes the wife is back and things back to normal, Thank God. Yes, I will be giving my mates a wide berth, for now, I zoomed one of my mates last night (he has turned into a serious home drinker since the lockdown) his wife has left him a long time ago and only gets his two boys every 2nd weekend. Very Sad as 2 lovely boys. He looked like death warmed up, red blotchy face, put on a lot of weight, and difficult to talk to as he's very self-opinionated with a drink onboard, all reason goes "out the window" !!!.. He looked like Sh...t..... He is in the process of losing his job also and what I can make out. he is charged/accused of bullying fellow employees under him. I can just imagine the cranky head on him after a feed of drink every morning, it would not be nice. I actually went for a run last night, feeling so much better today as I had a super sleep I will keep it up along with the speed walking and running, and when home I will bring my boys climbing my mountains up the country, have look at them where I am from on google on https://www.ourlittlehiker.com/sliev...highest-point/ have a nice day Advbike
Old 05-13-2021, 02:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Paddy123

Hi Hodd, thanks for your reply and good advice, yes on second thoughts they are my mates and I will not totally banish them. Mostly they are like your mates and periodic binge drinkers, but some out and out alcoholics. I cannot drink anymore as I just don't know when to stop. Once I have a few quid in my pocket that me....gone... all sense goes out the window and also my job... its no wonder I am barred from 3 pubs in my area and my missus/wife went nuts. I am on my last chance approaching 60 years old and need to get some sense. Have a nice Day Hodd, stay safe and thanks again
Old 05-13-2021, 03:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Paddy123

Hi Whitehorses, Thank you for your reply, I'm only on Campral 4 days this time and also taking an antidepressant Zoloft, Its hard to tell at the minute if they are taking any effect just now as have many side effects from the antidepressant tablets, but on a previous dry time they did help me a lot. They helped to sharpen my brain and hence I made more rational decisions like staying sober, also they did help me with sleep big time. Falling asleep faster, deeper sleep and longer sleep, waking up refreshed. They normally take a week to start taking effect for me, I find taking 6 tablets a day (3 x 2 doses) morning, afternoon, and night a bit of a pain, but it's okay. Are you going to give them a try? I wish you the best of luck and please let me know how you are getting on. You can see many reviews if you google "Campral reviews" all are quite positive. Have a nice day, Paddy
Old 05-13-2021, 10:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
AA Member

Nice Job!