Notices

New to Forum

Old 04-27-2021, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to Forum

Dad of 2, husband to an alcoholic and new to forum. Wife has relapsed again putting the kids and I in a situation where we are living at my parents house. Will ultimately be using the forum as a source for information and reaching out for advice as needed while the kids and I work our way through our current transition.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that you and your kids are going through this. But welcome to SR. It's an incredible place.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi AlDad
Welcome to SR and sorry to hear about your situation, I can't really advise as I'm talking from the alcoholic (albeit sober) point of view. I'm glad you and the children are in a place of safety and hope you find a way forward. Do you think your wife will be able to find her way back to sobriety? How did she manage it before? It would be worth posting in the family and friends forum, there are bound to be lots of good sources of advice there,
love Billy x
Old 04-27-2021, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You've come to a wonderful place for support and ideas. I know you'll find support here to help you adjust to this new situation.
Old 04-27-2021, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm sorry for your situation. You will find support and information here and I'm glad that you are taking care of your children and yourself.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry for what brings you here but you’ll find a lot of support and good ideas here, both in this forum - and our family and friends forums too.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ly-alcoholics/

D
Old 04-27-2021, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry ALDadinOH. That is so tough. You and the kids are safely away from the situation and I would stay there as long as you can. I would only move back towards your spouse at all after she shows you sustained actions - not words - no more words - sustained actions that show you she is sober and working on and embracing her recovery. Otherwise the kids and you are not safe.

I was your wife. I did that to my family and I strung them out so much that I nearly lost all of them. I have them back now. Nothing will ever be the same because of all the damage I did to those relationships. But I have them back in my life because I SHOWED them I was safe. Make her show you.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Samantha

Welcome to SR!
Old 04-27-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad you found SR - you're never alone.