Notices

Checking in working on day 347

Old 04-26-2021, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in working on day 347

Hey everyone just wanted to check in. I've been in and out reading post here. Today I'm working on day 347 it's been a rollercoaster the last few months but I'm sober and still growing. I started to look at why I was dealing with so much obstacles during the last few months. And what I had come to notice is that I need to find a balance with home and work. I see that my problems at work have been carrying over into my home life. Which has caused alot of separation with my spouse and family. Without communication at home has caused alot of assumptions by myself that I was doing everything. I had to step back and take responsibility and action by doing my part not only as a father , husband,uncle the man.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like you're onto something SO
Congrats on 347!

D
Old 04-26-2021, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sounds like you're onto something SO
Congrats on 347!

D
Yes Dee I have so much to learn about recovery. It's almost a year but I'm just doing fine one day at a time. Slow and steady no short cuts. Go through it and grow through it.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 347 days sober! It truly is a one day at a time deal in my experience 🙏
Old 04-27-2021, 03:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Go through it and grow through it.
I’m pinching that! 😂

Well done 347 days, great job!
Old 04-27-2021, 03:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 347 days. That's an incredible achievement.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Work really takes a toll on me too. Makes me realize how dependent my sanity and serenity is on external factors. This should not be the case. I need to walk the talk. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 347!
Old 04-27-2021, 10:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Work really takes a toll on me too. Makes me realize how dependent my sanity and serenity is on external factors. This should not be the case. I need to walk the talk. Thanks for the reminder.
I look back at this post I did yesterday. I had made a break through and really look inside at my emotions and the causes of them. Then kaboom I get home wife has a hectic day and the negativity sucks all the air out the room. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. But the tools I have gained during recovery has helped me understand that I cannot control the outcome of another person actions. But what I can do is see it from a outside view and correct my actions and take responsibility. Which u am doing today day 348.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
I look back at this post I did yesterday. I had made a break through and really look inside at my emotions and the causes of them. Then kaboom I get home wife has a hectic day and the negativity sucks all the air out the room. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. But the tools I have gained during recovery has helped me understand that I cannot control the outcome of another person actions. But what I can do is see it from a outside view and correct my actions and take responsibility. Which u am doing today day 348.
I think we have to be patient and kind with ourselves about our character defects and unwanted behaviors. As I see it:
  1. First we are not aware.
  2. Then we are aware after.
  3. Then we are aware during but powerless.
  4. Then we are aware during and have some influence.
  5. Then we are aware before.
  6. Finally that issue is to some degree removed.
For each of our unwanted behaviors we might be a different levels of awareness and ability to modify. For instance, I am now frequently aware while I am being manipulative or controlling. I can sometimes curb it, sometimes I'm not aware until after. There are almost certainly behaviors that I'm not aware of. But if you judge by how little people (other than my two youngest children) want to be with me, I know there is something there to address. I have faith that in time I will be aware of most of my undesirable behaviors and hopefully have help to address them.

Sorry for the rant.