Notices

Can't offer much at moment

Old 04-12-2021, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't offer much at moment

Hello fellow travellers,

Not been able to offer much in terms of support lately, my daughter is still very unwell. I'm exhausted.

But I'm sober.

Comes a time when all one has left is sobriety, and that's a very good thing indeed.

I'm very grateful least. 🌹
Old 04-12-2021, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Steely, I'm sure you're totally exhausted. Your daughter's mental health has been at the fore-front for a long time now and it's so sad that things aren't improving more quickly. Maybe you can have a cup of tea and nice, long soak in some bubbles and try to put your worries aside for a little bit. (((Steely))) You always offer so much of yourself, but this is a time when you need to rest and take some strength from the love you get from all of us.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Steely))) Anna is right, take some time and pamper yourself somehow.

And yes, being sober thru it all is something to be grateful for.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Put your own oxygen mask on first Steely - there's no requirement for you to do anymore than that right now
Best wishes for you and your daughter tho

D
Old 04-12-2021, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I echo everyone else when I say that you need to take care of yourself during this incredibly stressful time. Lean on us for support - this place isn't a quid pro quo, but you've given plenty of it to get some back. It's the least we can do.

Thinking of you, Steely. You are so strong, even if it doesn't feel like it right now.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

STEELY!
Sending you all the restorative energy I can.
I do hope you will be okay and are able to take a mental and emotional break from the situation.
Take care of you.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Steely, I’m so sorry about your daughter. I saw an ex of mine struggle with her son that had CP. it was so
heartbreaking to watch. As a parent I ache for you.

The last couple of days have been tough for me and literally all I could say at the end of the day was that I was still sober. Some days that’s all we have. But we can not forget what a miraculous gift it truly is.

Please just hang in there. Things will change. Pray for the strength to endure.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Steely,

I am so sorry things with your daughter are still not going well. I know you have been really supportive of her, and worked hard to make sure she has the mental health services as well as the medications she needs.

I am going to echo everyone else and tell you to make sure to take some time for yourself, even if it is an escape into a book, TV series, or bubble bath. Your sobriety is strongly intact, and that is definitely something to be proud of.

Sending you so much love!!
Delilah
Old 04-13-2021, 12:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Steely, sorry to read that your daughter is still very unwell. Look after yourself, make some time for yourself and take care
Old 04-13-2021, 02:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I truly hope things get better for you steely
Stay Strong!
Old 04-13-2021, 03:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Comes a time when all one has left is sobriety, and that's a very good thing indeed.
No matter how bad things are, you're sober, and more important, you are grateful for that. It's the one thing that you have control over. It's a big thing, and it's yours.

I wish your daughter well.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang on, Steely. You'll get through this.

When I get super stressed it's hard to stay in the moment, my mind wants to race. I hope you do find a way to quiet that for a while.

You're doing great, you're not drinking and you're doing what you can for your daughter. She's the captain of her ship, I hope she finds the rudder soon.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Steely my friend. I'm sorry about the ongoing struggles with your daughter's health. She is so incredibly fortunate to have you in her corner fighting for her. Keep just living in the moment, chop wood, carry water. You are so right too about some days - at the end of a really tough day, we can still lay our heads down sober. Such a gift. Hang in there Steely.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Steely, I’ve always admired your strength in your sobriety as well as follow your posts because my daughter has been treated for mental health issues since middle school. I’m so sorry your dd is not doing well. I echo others in offering support from afar, and hope you can be kind to yourself. 💕
Old 04-13-2021, 09:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

As long as we’re still sober then we are doing all we really need to do just for today. Sometimes that’s all we can muster and that’s absolutely enough 🙏
Old 04-13-2021, 09:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Take good care of yourself Steely and sending you some love xxx
Old 04-13-2021, 09:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hangovers Suck!

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Hello fellow travellers,

Not been able to offer much in terms of support lately, my daughter is still very unwell. I'm exhausted.

But I'm sober.

Hey Steely - the fact that you come here and share your life and sobriety with all of us is a huge offering. I understand how a child that is not doing well can take your energy. It's OK to take a breath and lean on your SR family. I wish you peace and love and healing to your daughter.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sending good wishes your way, Steely, for you and your daughter ❤️. You're a super sober Mum, and yes, need to care for your self and protect your sobriety, so you can continue to care for your daughter.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Steely, and prayers for your daughter. You are strong and have done so much for her. You have helped me and others here so much.

Big hug..
Old 04-13-2021, 12:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Don't underestimate your support for the people here. You are showing that despite dealing with very stressful circumstances, it's possible to stay sober during those challenging times. I hope things get better soon for your daughter. You are a real inspiration. John