Notices

Day 11 and the drinking thoughts have arrived

Old 04-02-2021, 09:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’ve had some fleeting thoughts as well. But like Dee said thoughts are just thoughts. My thoughts are more just wishing I could be a “normal drinker” when I know I can never be.

Keep it up
Old 04-02-2021, 10:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 11 is fantastic, and those thoughts, are just thoughts, they’ll go away. They really do start to get less and less as time passes, and then gradually you will realize you cannot even remember the last time you thought about alcohol.

You’ve got this!
Old 04-02-2021, 10:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great job posting here and being aware. Just go a day at a time and don't engage in those thoughts. Just brush them off and keep saying "I don't drink" or something like that. At least for me, if I engage to long with those thoughts they win.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Samantha

I'm so glad you posted here and talked, instead of acting on any thoughts. The AV is a jerk!
Old 04-03-2021, 01:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Try and keep yourself active: go for a walk, read a book, clean the kitchen, clean your car, do the laundry, play a computer game, etc. The thoughts will pass. Make sure you eat well and remember HALT: Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired as triggers. With time, the voices/urges dissipate as you put more distance between you and alcohol. Good luck and keep posting. We care.
Old 04-03-2021, 03:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by b0glerd69 View Post
Try and keep yourself active: go for a walk, read a book, clean the kitchen, clean your car, do the laundry, play a computer game, etc. The thoughts will pass. Make sure you eat well and remember HALT: Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired as triggers. With time, the voices/urges dissipate as you put more distance between you and alcohol. Good luck and keep posting. We care.
Thank you b0g!
Old 04-03-2021, 03:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Day 11 is fantastic, and those thoughts, are just thoughts, they’ll go away. They really do start to get less and less as time passes, and then gradually you will realize you cannot even remember the last time you thought about alcohol.

You’ve got this!
Thanks Delil!
Old 04-03-2021, 04:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Okay, you made it through it, right? I'm assuming so.

Good job and I like it that you are so engaged with this community. It has been a huge help to me and others.

Happy Saturday...at least it is in my part of the world.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Okay, you made it through it, right? I'm assuming so.

Good job and I like it that you are so engaged with this community. It has been a huge help to me and others.

Happy Saturday...at least it is in my part of the world.
Bimi! Yes I made it! It is really helping to stay engaged with this community! Just the simple act of acknowledging and saying thank you is very helpful! Happy Saturday am here!
Old 04-03-2021, 04:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

There is a very deep well of wisdom on this site, I hope you'll look around, read old threads, maybe look through some of the 12 Step and AVRT stuff - there's a Mental Health section with some good sticky threads and of course all the ongoing threads like, "One Year and Under," "Class of March (or April,)" the "Whiners," "Weekenders," "24 hour," and others..

I spent SO much time on old threads and reading everything in the past.

You're doing great. Stay on guard.
Old 04-03-2021, 01:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There's a Stories of Recovery forum too, with the stories of members who have a year or more sober/clean. Lots of insight in those stories.

You're doing very well. Just keep sober one day at a time.
Old 04-03-2021, 02:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
There's a Stories of Recovery forum too, with the stories of members who have a year or more sober/clean. Lots of insight in those stories.

You're doing very well. Just keep sober one day at a time.
Thanks Least! One day at a time!!
Old 04-03-2021, 02:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=biminiblue;7615903]There is a very deep well of wisdom on this site, I hope you'll look around, read old threads, maybe look through some of the 12 Step and AVRT stuff - there's a Mental Health section with some good sticky threads and of course all the ongoing threads like, "One Year and Under," "Class of March (or April,)" the "Whiners," "Weekenders," "24 hour," and others..

I spent SO much time on old threads and reading everything in the past.

You're doing great. Stay on guard.[/QUOTE

Thanks Bimi! I am on guard and very aware of the pit falls! Thanks for the suggestions ]