Notices

Greatfull Newbie

Old 03-26-2021, 01:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Greatfull Newbie

Hey folks,

Finally realize I have a serious problem with alcohol. spent 10 days in hospital and a few in re-hab facility. some days in hospital unconscious ,tied down and tube fed. I've been drinking since I was a kid, (40 + yrs ). Never thought I would get that bad. Glad to be alive and not drinking.
I am going to try and use this site and forums to help me help myself not drink again. And maybe make a few online friends along the way. Wish me luck!!

Thanks
MRF3

Old 03-26-2021, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome mmrf3!

Sounds like you have been through hell and came out the other side.
You Never have to do that again!
If you have never been here before you are in for a treat. Great bunch of folks who have been where you are and want very much to not see anyone else go through it again.
I will not wish you luck because luck has nothing to do with it. I will however show my support and help in any way I can as others have done for me.

I was a hard drinker for over 30 years so if I can do it you can too.

Stick around and read, post, listen, ask, rant, whatever it takes to get your mind right.
And no matter what Do Not Drink Ever Again
Old 03-26-2021, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to have you with us, mmrf3. Congratulations on seeing what needed to happen & taking action.
I'm another long time drinker - 30 yrs. What was once fun certainly turned on us. I'm so thankful we made it out alive & got free.
When I joined SR I had a feeling of relief - I knew I never had to feel alone again. We're family.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group mmrf3. There are some really great people on this site...well all of them are great! My advice is to use this site often, there is someone always around to listen. Best wishes on your journey!
Old 03-26-2021, 02:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support and useful information about all sorts of things. I'm glad you found us and joined our international family.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you got through that mmrf3
welcome aboard!

D
Old 03-26-2021, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome friend. We are glad to have you here. It is difficult at first and you've already had a hard time, so I suggest you throw everything you have at it. Are you attending AA or SMART Recovery meetings? Everything is mostly online now so easy to join in.

Also there is a class every month here that is a small group of people quitting same month. Not really a class, per se but a cohort of people that share tips and provide support for each other. You might want to check it here at this link:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-two.html
Old 03-26-2021, 04:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and this is a great place for support and friendship. We know how hard this is.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, we know how hard it is. We've all been there. Well, OK, I was never tied to a hospital bed, so I went a little overboard there, but I have been where you are right now, standing there wondering what I needed to do next. You've still got serious work to do, but it's a wonderful journey going through life sober.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 03-26-2021, 07:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome mmrf3.

I'm so glad you made it.

Hope you keep posting.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome more. I'm glad you are here. You came to the right place for 24/7 support. Keep posting.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Samantha

Wow, that sounds harsh and uncomfortable. Glad you're here. Let's make sure it doesn't happen again
Old 03-26-2021, 08:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow, this brings back bad memories. I too spent about ten days in the hospital, and a week in physical rehab. I actually went into liver failure, but somehow/someway made it through (and was tied down also). This was back in 2014. It was so bad, I was actually given "last rites". Now, am doing great. I've had all the tests/bloodwork since, and the doctor can't even believe it, everything's normal.
Hang in there, it will get better with time.