Notices

Back with a week under my belt - had to go to hospital

Old 02-24-2021, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back with a week under my belt - had to go to hospital

Hello everyone, I know I've been away. But I haven't fallen off the wagon, I've just fallen, broke my leg, and had to go to hospital/get minor surgery. If you were wondering how I did it, I fell over when participating in the nerve shredding extreme sport of walking a very small dog. Unseen pothole and off I went.

I've been all over the place emotionally, very extreme highs and lows I would say, like all my emotions are raw. I've had cravings but never any point where I seriously considered it, more just being aware that the desire is there. The thought of the hangover usually put me off. But yeah, one week down, generally not feeling that bad. Just checking in, hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thought I'd add a small story that I thought might make some people laugh, I was watching a tv quiz show and one of the questions was how much the average person spends at the pub in their lives, I said about £200,000. It's about a tenth of that. Exposed myself a bit there.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh no!! Wish you healing and well recovery!
Old 02-24-2021, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about your leg but I'm glad you still sober and back posting

D
Old 02-24-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Itstime - Really good to see you. Happy to know you're still sober. One week is great - congratulations for not caving during a stressful time. This will help strengthen you.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I loved your description of the accident. I swear that’s how most of them occur, something incredibly mundane, and bam! I am sorry it happened and I am hoping you heal well. I’m glad you’re sober. You won’t make matters worse. Like drinking and moving your leg in a bad way, etc. Congratulations on your week! The emotions being all over the place is on par. I know mine were. It takes awhile but it’s worth it!
Old 02-24-2021, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you broke your leg. I've got the 'small-dog-walking' problem too, sometimes. Billie is quick so I have to be holding on tight to her leash so she won't get away from me or knock me off my feet.

Glad you're still sober. Keep adding up those days, one at a time. Before you know it, you'll have a lot of them.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you broke your leg Itstime, but so glad you remained sober. Well done.

Hope you are up and about soon.

Are you suing Council?
Old 02-27-2021, 11:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I'm sorry you broke your leg Itstime, but so glad you remained sober. Well done.

Hope you are up and about soon.

Are you suing Council?
I am yeah, because I've lost work due to it. Plus hopefully they will fill the bloody things in if I do.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I'm sorry you broke your leg. I've got the 'small-dog-walking' problem too, sometimes. Billie is quick so I have to be holding on tight to her leash so she won't get away from me or knock me off my feet.

Glad you're still sober. Keep adding up those days, one at a time. Before you know it, you'll have a lot of them.
My dog is called Billie! =)
Old 02-27-2021, 11:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post
I loved your description of the accident. I swear that’s how most of them occur, something incredibly mundane, and bam! I am sorry it happened and I am hoping you heal well. I’m glad you’re sober. You won’t make matters worse. Like drinking and moving your leg in a bad way, etc. Congratulations on your week! The emotions being all over the place is on par. I know mine were. It takes awhile but it’s worth it!
I have never had an injury that happened in a remotely impressive way, clearly I'm made of glass. I think the rawness is... learning that I have to have bad emotions and can't just drowned them.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I guess that is one way to test your sobriety although I can think of better ways.

How frustrating for you but well done. I imagine the poor me, I deserve thoughts must of flooded in.
Two small trip hazard dogs here, one of their best tricks is leaving their balls on the stairs.

Hope you got pictures of the pothole and that you get suitable compensation.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post

Hope you got pictures of the pothole and that you get suitable compensation.
I'm fairly confident in it, I'm only asking for lost work, which I can prove, and to get them filled in. They've been a hazard for years.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sue the Council, I live in Bournemouth, our Council seem to believe they are the Communist Republic of Wessex, planning meetings, health and safety meetings etc (our town is twinned to some village in North Korea)

Health and safety ! do your job which you are far too well rewarded, in my view, fix the pavements ! cut the grass, control the rat population. Believe me I could go on, and on and on........................................
Old 02-28-2021, 03:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ItsTime, ouch. I hope your healing is fast.

And yeah, walking is problematic no matter where you live. I did a similar thing recently myself.

You did give me a giggle with the 200,000 pounds. (How do you type the pound thingy?)
Old 02-28-2021, 05:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Testing £200,000

oooooohhhhhhhh.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I hope you heal fast IT. I always tell people nowadays that I'm at the age that when I fall it's not funny anymore.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

healing vibes at ya!! Glad you're back.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
ItsTime, ouch. I hope your healing is fast.

And yeah, walking is problematic no matter where you live. I did a similar thing recently myself.

You did give me a giggle with the 200,000 pounds. (How do you type the pound thingy?)
I think there's differences on the keyboards. To be fair with the 200,000 pounds, it did include people eating food out so I didn't think I'd be that far off. Shows what I know.