Notices

Day 13–let’s go!

Old 02-23-2021, 04:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13–let’s go!

Started the morning as I do every morning—journaling and reflecting. I pulled out my sober journal from the last time I quit to draw some comparisons and remeber what it felt like. It’s uncanny the similarities between day 13 last time and day 13 this time. I just have to remember and keep looking forward and understand things get better, my emotions will calm down and I will start feeling refreshed again.

one thing that is kind of funny that I started feeling again that I wrote down last time is every now and then I get a fleeting emotion that reminds me of the calm and happiness of when I was a kid and my mom would open the windows in the house for the first time during a warm spring morning. It makes me remember what it feels like to have months of sober time under my belt. It makes me remember enjoying the slow easy summer days and having a genuine sense of love an warmth for myself. I think it’s important to keep my gaze focused toward that. I got really low this winter while drinking and I realize the only way out of that is to end the cycle. Clarity, happiness and calm are possible only through sobriety.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep it up JJ. Alcohol is a controlling master and you have to resist the urges with all your mind. Find that diversion that will help you think positive thoughts.

Day 54 for me, but it’s been 4 years since the end of my last sober period (2013-2017), and I never kept a journal so I don’t remember any correlation between then and now.

I am 59 years old and at that age, I must preserve my health and well being or I’m a goner. so, I guess I have that going for me. Lol!!!
Old 02-23-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on day 13. You write: "Clarity, happiness and calm are possible only through sobriety." If that's true, then figuring out what makes sobriety possible is very important. It's worth keeping in mind that for some of us, sobriety is only possible through (1) regular A.A. meeting attendance, (2) on-going step work, and (3) on-going service work.

God bless!
Old 02-23-2021, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great thoughts Jj844! The way you re-connected with that childhood emotion of warmth and happiness on a spring morning is amazing! I need to do more of that sort of positive visualization. As you say, it's been a rough year for many and this winter was the worst, but your image creates a nice warm, pleasant thought - even for me. Keep it up!
Old 02-23-2021, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, JJ. And, thanks for the beautiful post.