Notices

Husband drank over the weekend

Old 02-02-2021, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband drank over the weekend

And it was fine!! He never explicitly said he was quitting so this was not a surprise. He didn't drink a ton (at least for us) a six pack of beer and a few glasses of wine over the course of 2 days. Saturday night over at a friend's place and then Sunday while cooking.
I was not even slightly tempted or bothered. MAYBE by the 3rd time that he asked if I was ok with it lol. Yes, love, I am fine!
I enjoyed my lemon water, workouts and the food he made. And the cats.
Another successful weekend in the books.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is great it worked out for you. I live alone with my two underage daughters so there is never any booze in the house ever. So I truly do not know how I would do with alcohol in my home. Sounds a bit nerve wracking to me. But I have been to many places where booze was flowing and the fact that I had concocted an escape route/plan each time I think gave me peace of mind. If I can get away from it, I seem to be fine. I hope I am one of those people that can have alcohol in my house someday if I ever couple back up or if my kids are here. I'd like to think I would be ok with that, but I just don't know yet.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great, Babycat. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Having booze in the house was definitely a downfall for me in the past and had I not been feeling stronger I would not have allowed it. The bigger challenge was going over to my friend's place Saturday night. I am pretty introverted and so sometimes have felt the need to have alcohol in my system to be "on". Fortunately this friend is more like a brother to me so I felt no need to charm (haha because I am EVER so charming when I am wasted! Isn't everyone?). Also, he lives only half a mile from me so I could leave whenever I felt like it and I did!
Having a couple of underage kiddos is a great way to keep booze at bay in your home! I say just play it by ear as time goes on.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're working out this sober stuff babycat

D
Old 02-03-2021, 12:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That was a great read babycat.

Too good.