Notices

Keep on keepin' on!

Old 01-28-2021, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keep on keepin' on!

The struggle is real, y'all! At least initially. Getting sober can be painful in so many ways.

That being said, you can move mountains if you put your mind to it (metaphorically). One small step at a time. Lean on this community. Lean on the couch. Lean on whatever....Just don't drink or drug. Soon enough that pain dissipates. Those hard moments turn into days and then weeks and then months and then.......You know! It does get easier. There is freedom. There is joy. There is a healthy life to be lived and there is a love found for that healthier way.

You are not alone. We can do this together!

(Im not one for pep talks but I am a Cheerleader for sobriety on this forum. GOOOOOO, YOU!)
Old 01-28-2021, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Right on Mizz! Thanks for those words of encouragement. You rock! Wait.. we all rock!
Old 01-28-2021, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for this today—needed it. 😊
Old 01-28-2021, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are so right, Mizz. Year 1 for me was all about just staying sober...anything but alcohol...and it worked!

Here in year 2, it's all about finding balance. I just had my first ever naturopathic appointment yesterday which is opening up some doors I never knew of...and I'm exercising most days. Feeling pumped! These are the things I wasn't ready for in year 1.

Standing up for myself more too. I always keep the peace at work but a few weeks ago I took a stand and actually got what I wanted. Sobriety brings self-respect.

To those still trying. I was a heavy drinker 7 days a week for many years. I used to think life would be too hard to bear without alcohol so I kept relapsing....never getting more than a day sober. I would wake up soooo determined to stop but within hours be back at it again. Now I know there's a better way...for all of us!

Old 01-28-2021, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Mizz.

We all need to be reminded of how good it can get wwhen we stop drinking.

The very thought of drinking again sends chill down my spine. The feelings when waking up next day too awful to contemplate,.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post, Mizz reminding us to stick with it.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mizz - so glad to have you on this side of sobriety. Thank you for the great reminder.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for a great post!

Grateful to be sober 🙏
Old 01-28-2021, 03:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

One of my favorite sayings!👍👍
Old 01-28-2021, 04:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
You are so right, Mizz. Year 1 for me was all about just staying sober...anything but alcohol...and it worked!

Here in year 2, it's all about finding balance. I just had my first ever naturopathic appointment yesterday which is opening up some doors I never knew of...and I'm exercising most days. Feeling pumped! These are the things I wasn't ready for in year 1.

Standing up for myself more too. I always keep the peace at work but a few weeks ago I took a stand and actually got what I wanted. Sobriety brings self-respect.

To those still trying. I was a heavy drinker 7 days a week for many years. I used to think life would be too hard to bear without alcohol so I kept relapsing....never getting more than a day sober. I would wake up soooo determined to stop but within hours be back at it again. Now I know there's a better way...for all of us!
I had the same year 1 plan, don’t drink. Year 2 I got healthier, covid hit and I abandoned my some of my new goals back to ...don’t drink again. Year 3 has started and I’m starting back on a running plan and self studying for an IT cert!

The benefits are endless with sobriety. I have less anxiety, more self confidence, food tastes amazing! I love music all over again. I used too before booze then ruined it with booze and then it was a trigger, but now it’s like refreshing all over again. It’s painful in the beginning but it gets easier and even the bad times are easier sober.
Old 01-28-2021, 04:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just finished the online IT certification offered by Google. I'm doing some free classes now to learn a little more. IT is a great field to get in to.