Notices

Ugh i really did it this time...

Old 01-14-2021, 07:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm with you Be123. I'm getting older and need to pace myself.

Gradual, incremental change is what is going to work for me.

Get this: Thought I was Sheena of the Jungle and went to Power Aquarobics early in the morning. Finished up with hypothermia and had to go to hospital in a silver space suit. How embarrassment. 😂

Australia doesn't get many cases of hypothermia and was made object of study for students. Double embarrassment. Glad I wasn't drunk tho, that would have been farcical.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I might suggest a rowing machine or a stationary bike to mix up with your runs. Walking and running are more go to exerxxise for me as well. And.....always, I hurt something. I don’t take days off.... Lesson finally learned that I have to alternate exercises. Also maybe some Pilates or yoga free videos on YouTube’s to strengthen your core that will aid in runs. As we age the best way to burn calories is strength training (so I’ve read, please research this yourself or ask a doctor).
Old 01-14-2021, 07:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
lol, already done. I get bored easy, and I hate doing the same thing for too long.
doing the same boring thing for too long definitely sounds like drinking.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

All you fitness fanatics are awesome! Just a reminder you are welcome to join us in the Fitness, Health and Nutrition section (ya gotta scroll down quite aways on the main page to get to it.) We have a thread going called Road to Spring 2021, where you can post up your fitness goals and workouts. It's a great motivator!
Old 01-15-2021, 12:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post
I might suggest a rowing machine or a stationary bike to mix up with your runs. Walking and running are more go to exerxxise for me as well. And.....always, I hurt something. I don’t take days off.... Lesson finally learned that I have to alternate exercises. Also maybe some Pilates or yoga free videos on YouTube’s to strengthen your core that will aid in runs. As we age the best way to burn calories is strength training (so I’ve read, please research this yourself or ask a doctor).
i would love to have something like that! But they're expensive and gyms are closed here.
I do my online bootcamp 5x week.