Notices

Three Months

Old 12-13-2020, 01:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No problem, freedomfries! We're all just glad you're getting help and getting better.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Four score and seven days ago your forbearance brought forth in this universe, your new future conceived with willfulness and dedicated by your pledge that you will never drink or drug again.

The rest of your future is unwritten but no longer dragged down by addiction.
Old 12-13-2020, 02:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Four score and seven days ago your forbearance brought forth in this universe, your new future conceived with willfulness and dedicated by your pledge that you will never drink or drug again.

The rest of your future is unwritten but no longer dragged down by addiction.
Thanks GT. You've been invaluable on my journey, reminding me of my big plan.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm hoping it won't be the same with my sister. Especially with Christmas coming up.
I've had that experience as well..... My sister and I always had a rift in part because of our 19 years of age difference and her resentment that I wasn't ever there for her in the way she'd yearned for because I was off living my life when she was a child.

She also was an alcoholic. In a blackout I said and did some stuff one year that really caused harm. I don't really remember it.... she probably had very limited memory of it as well.... who knows what actually transpired.

I'm sure she never forgave me - wasn't really able to. And I never really gave her a proper amends. I'd had to break away from her last year because her addiction was becoming so intense it wasn't possible to be in relationship with her. In March, she died. My folks still won't share with me the coroner's results, but I know that in the months leading up to her death she had been drinking more and more heavily and I'm sure she was also using prescription drugs and marijuana. I consider her death suicide - even if it may not have been intentional.

So... an amends I was never able to make.

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep that one a priority in my recovery work. We never know...... how long we have left with our loved ones.