Notices

Three Months

Old 12-12-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three Months

It looks like I'll be staying in the psych ward until Friday, which means I'll definitely reach three months on Thursday.

What led to this sobriety attempt sticking was learning that I said something nasty to my sister while blackout drunk and that's the reason she hasn't been speaking to me. I thought she was just generally annoyed at my drinking, I didn't realize I had harmed her specifically.

I took my mother's advice not to apologize to her yet and give her time and rack up sober time myself. I'm hoping soon in the future I'll have established myself as solidly sober and an apology can be more meaningful.

But there is already great benefits to my sober life. My relationship with my parents is better than ever. My relationship with my middle sister is going well. She even drove me to the psych ward on this visit, and picked me up from the psych ward when I was in a few weeks ago. She isn't constantly snapping at me or looking for problems like when I was drinking.

I'm looking forward to Christmas. I don't really know how some of my other siblings feel about me but i hope with Christmas spirit they'll be forgiving.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't spoken to my brother for years because of something I did while blackout drunk so I understand that guilt/shame you are feeling. I tried to make amends but he is not too receptive. He has his own psychological problems he is in denial about. Sounds like you are doing well FF. Congrats on 3 months!
Old 12-12-2020, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I haven't spoken to my brother for years because of something I did while blackout drunk so I understand that guilt/shame you are feeling. I tried to make amends but he is not too receptive. He has his own psychological problems he is in denial about. Sounds like you are doing well FF. Congrats on 3 months!
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm hoping it won't be the same with my sister. Especially with Christmas coming up.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

You have support here. It is virtual, but it does fill some of my needs.

I search for the good wherever I am.

Right now I am enjoying some decent coffee, watching a good movie, sitting next to my sleeping (little smelly) doggy.

I am sober as a nail and very very proud of that.

Never drinking again. Booze is poison. I hate the stuff.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
You have support here. It is virtual, but it does fill some of my needs.

I search for the good wherever I am.

Right now I am enjoying some decent coffee, watching a good movie, sitting next to my sleeping (little smelly) doggy.

I am sober as a nail and very very proud of that.

Never drinking again. Booze is poison. I hate the stuff.

Thanks.
The online support is great here
Old 12-12-2020, 08:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

FF, congratulations on 3 months of recovery and I'm glad that you are getting the help and care you need right now.

I do hope your sister forgives you, but of course, you have no control over that. I'm glad you're looking forward to Christmas.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on three months, freedomfries! You are dealing with multiple challenges and staying quite optimistic - way to go. I hope you'll have a relaxing Christmas, I look forward to mine as well
Old 12-12-2020, 11:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestone FF

D
Old 12-12-2020, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to go on 3 months!
Old 12-12-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job FF. You're thoughtful and introspective, and clearly have what it takes to beat this.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Congratulations on your upcoming 3 months. I’m glad you’re looking forward to Christmas and things are good with your parents and at least the one sibling. I hope in time you get to mend your other relationships but for now it sounds pretty good.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your kind posts
Old 12-12-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

FF, you’re sounding positive about things! You’re even looking forward to Christmas which is good to hear.

Three months is a brilliant achievement, and look what how much better things are now. Think about what goes around .... you’re now inspiring others to quit alcohol and have a positive future too. Well done and keep on inspiring.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It sounds like you're on the right track, freedomfries! I hope you have a Merry Christmas, too.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

FF,

Congratulations, I am so happy for you and you sound like you are doing well.

I know the mental issues must be scary, but you are amazingly strong.

Proud to know you.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Proud to know you too FF.

You are sounding so well, so positive, a gentleness about you, and I know you are strong, too.

I agree with you about giving your sister more time, rack up more sober time. Things are beginning to change already with middle sister and your parents. This is so good to hear FF. ❤️

Enjoy lead up to Christmas and know that you have given yourself the best gift ever. The gift of sobriety! You really are inspirational FF. Others have said this, just need to restate.

Have a great day FF. Three months is awesome.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow, so many encouraging posts.
Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
It sounds like you're on the right track, freedomfries! I hope you have a Merry Christmas, too.
Thanks. Have a happy Christmas to you too.

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
FF,

Congratulations, I am so happy for you and you sound like you are doing well.

I know the mental issues must be scary, but you are amazingly strong.

Proud to know you.
The psychosis is pretty scary and it seems to come out of nowhere, but at least I haven't been tempted to drink on it.

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Proud to know you too FF.

You are sounding so well, so positive, a gentleness about you, and I know you are strong, too.

I agree with you about giving your sister more time, rack up more sober time. Things are beginning to change already with middle sister and your parents. This is so good to hear FF. ❤️

Enjoy lead up to Christmas and know that you have given yourself the best gift ever. The gift of sobriety! You really are inspirational FF. Others have said this, just need to restate.

Have a great day FF. Three months is awesome.
I feel encouraged by my middle sister softening towards me. So I'm hopeful about my younger sister.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on your milestone FF

D
Thanks See. You've always been a great support to me.

Originally Posted by Aellyce2 View Post
Congrats on three months, freedomfries! You are dealing with multiple challenges and staying quite optimistic - way to go. I hope you'll have a relaxing Christmas, I look forward to mine as well
I'm sure we'll both have chilled Christmases.

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
FF, congratulations on 3 months of recovery and I'm glad that you are getting the help and care you need right now.

I do hope your sister forgives you, but of course, you have no control over that. I'm glad you're looking forward to Christmas.
I know it's out of my control which is hard to accept but I can control my behaviour. Hopefully sober and behaving well, I'll at least plant some seeds for her to forgive me in time.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sorry to everyone I missed. Having troubles with the multi quote on mobile.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry to everyone I missed. Having troubles with the multi quote on mobile.