Notices

Be careful my friends. Take this advice please.

Old 12-17-2020, 06:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Snoozy, posts like these are lifesavers. Literally.

When I first told my doctor I was an alcoholic and needed help, she was great. But one of the things she did was prescribe me lorazepam to help me sleep. I had no idea about different meds but I remember reading right here on SR about benzos and how dangerous they were. So I asked her if it was a benzo and when she said yes, I hesitated. She told me it was not a strong med, it was to help me stay sober, and it was the lesser harm than alcohol. I took the script but I never had it filled.

Thank you SR and thank you Snoozy for your story.

I am glad you are OK and hope you get the help you need as soon as you can.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy,

I’m so glad you are okay. That is very scary. How are you doing tonight?
Old 12-18-2020, 01:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

A powerful lesson. When they put me in the bin they put me on quite a high dose of Ativan, which I think is more or less Valium. It was given to reduce the possibility of seizures and I was zonked out for two days, which I hated. On the third day I woke up reasonably straight and refused to take anymore. That spell didn’t get me sober, though it was a nice place and they did their best. The skeletons began to plague me too, and I added a few more over the next few sprees.

then I stated on the aa path, managed a few weeks dry, and the skeletons really started going to town. I could have quite a good day, sober and all, yet when my head hit the pillow, out the bastards came and had me tossing and turning all night. These fellas definitely were gonna drive me back to the drink.

as it turns out they were removed completely when I took some very specific action described in the AA program. Thereafter I have no trouble sleeping, I can look the world in the eye and be alone at perfect peace and ease. It was the thing I never wanted to do, in fact I said I would never do that, yet I somehow saw I had no choice if I wanted to survive this thing.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope you are doing ok Snoozie.

You said in your op that you were looking forward to going to Dassa (?). I assumed this was for rehab, and mental health. I don't know of that particular service as I live in nsw.

Are you currently in Dassa, Snoozie, and reason why you have not been posting?

I'm hoping you're there, and that they are treating you well.

You deserve it. We all do, hey?