Notices

I just need to vent a bit....sorry.

Old 12-07-2020, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Samantha

I just need to vent a bit....sorry.

This pandemic is going to be the death of me! This week I had to cancel my flight to see my parents because of lock down. Now I just found out my company is laying everyone off!!!
WTF?! Just before Christmas.
I cant even calm down I'm so pissed off.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

So sorry you’ve got all this to contend with Samantha. Sometimes the walls feel like they’re closing in from all sides.
As hard as it may be, this is the time to dig deep, to stay sober.
Remember to Breathe. Breathe in, hold for 5 seconds, breathe out. Repeat a few times.
You’ll get through, it may be tough for a while, but you can do this.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's old Murphy's law when it rains it pours. However, you can always find another job and claim unemployment in meantime. Visit your parents once things start calming down.

Do you have activities you like to do when you get stressed out? I like to hit the gym or play videogames. Those two get my mind off my current situation and hel
Old 12-07-2020, 10:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by BornSurvivor View Post
It's old Murphy's law when it rains it pours. However, you can always find another job and claim unemployment in meantime. Visit your parents once things start calming down.

Do you have activities you like to do when you get stressed out? I like to hit the gym or play videogames. Those two get my mind off my current situation and hel
We can't go to the gym here....lockdown! But I do zoom bootcamp once and day and go for outdoor walks 1-2 times a day.
I paint, occasionally watch TV, cook etc.

But I've been gaining weight so cooking is now stressful and you can't buy paints or crafts here since they are non-essentials.
So I'm running out of things to do.
Can't even go for a damn coffee or have a friend over (not that I have any).
Anyways, I have no money haha.
What an absolute **** show.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry that you lost your job, Samantha. Is there a chance that the company will hire you back once the lockdown ends?

Yes, Christmas will be different this year, for sure. We're planning to do some Zoom get-togethers with kids and grandkids on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Maybe you can Zoom or FaceTime with your family? It's not the same as being together, but it could be fun.

Old 12-07-2020, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
We can't go to the gym here....lockdown! But I do zoom bootcamp once and day and go for outdoor walks 1-2 times a day.
I paint, occasionally watch TV, cook etc.

But I've been gaining weight so cooking is now stressful and you can't buy paints or crafts here since they are non-essentials.
So I'm running out of things to do.
Can't even go for a damn coffee or have a friend over (not that I have any).
Anyways, I have no money haha.
What an absolute **** show.
I have no friends either, apart from Genevieve from rehab, who is still drinking, so apparently I'm not even 'supposed' to be meeting her.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not sure where you are, but this is a once in a lifetime situation so we all have to do the best we can to get through it. Good news is a vaccine will be generally available by mid next year. I certainly understand your frustration though, I haven't eaten out in months and can't travel..

It's sad that some people can't follow basic guidelines which could have made things so much easier. I have voluntarily stayed at home since I got back from Southeast Asia in March. Wish I had stayed there - people don't have issues wearing masks and following the rules so life is mostly back to normal now. So yeah, I'm frustrated too.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I feel your pain.

My husband and I are currently in a holding pattern awaiting test results. We cannot go to work. It looks, from my point of view, that we may be here in the house for a few weeks. He is ill. It is not good. Luckily he is not getting any worse. Our heater also broke. Its been so damn cold. Luckily PG and E made it out this morning and we have one of our two wall units working. Both were down. I am so grateful for everything I do have though.

I am sorry to hear about your layoff. All of this has been very stressful for everyone in various ways. You will be okay. I know it doesnt look that way now, but you will. We will make it through this **** show!
Old 12-07-2020, 11:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm really sorry that you lost your job, Samantha. Is there a chance that the company will hire you back once the lockdown ends?

Yes, Christmas will be different this year, for sure. We're planning to do some Zoom get-togethers with kids and grandkids on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Maybe you can Zoom or FaceTime with your family? It's not the same as being together, but it could be fun.
Hi Anna,
yes they will certainly considering me coming back to work which is great because I like my job!
since it's in the travel industry, it will not be for a while since Canadians are asked not to travel right now.
We are getting the vaccine next week but first will be front line workers and seniors in care homes...those that actually really need it. So we will still have a long time to wait before people can travel.
I have been doing video calls but it's just a bummer. Lockdown won't be over for Christmas so...its going to be lonesome for all and I just keep getting more and more bad news.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Not sure where you are, but this is a once in a lifetime situation so we all have to do the best we can to get through it. Good news is a vaccine will be generally available by mid next year. I certainly understand your frustration though, I haven't eaten out in months and can't travel..

It's sad that some people can't follow basic guidelines which could have made things so much easier. I have voluntarily stayed at home since I got back from Southeast Asia in March. Wish I had stayed there - people don't have issues wearing masks and following the rules so life is mostly back to normal now. So yeah, I'm frustrated too.
In Canada! Front line workers and seniors will be getting the vaccine first but it's supposed to start next week!
there are so many people here who believe this is a fake illness and will not wear masks, keep having gatherings are church, etc and we are in lockdown!!!! Wtf people.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Mizz P View Post
I feel your pain.

My husband and I are currently in a holding pattern awaiting test results. We cannot go to work. It looks, from my point of view, that we may be here in the house for a few weeks. He is ill. It is not good. Luckily he is not getting any worse. Our heater also broke. Its been so damn cold. Luckily PG and E made it out this morning and we have one of our two wall units working. Both were down. I am so grateful for everything I do have though.

I am sorry to hear about your layoff. All of this has been very stressful for everyone in various ways. You will be okay. I know it doesnt look that way now, but you will. We will make it through this **** show!
definitely hoping you guys are OK!
I'm super stressed....be nice to have a drink to calm down but I know I wouldn't even enjoy it right now.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are going through this and hope things improve for you soon. Good job on staying sober throughout this difficult time.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

I am sorry... I haven't lost my job but I can't see my parents either, it does suck Hugs!
Old 12-07-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No need to feel sorry. You are going through a lot and need to vent. Make sense and glad you shared your situation. You throw in Christmas stress and covid, it's almost too much. I live in a State where the governor refuses to close anything down and refuses to mandate wearing masks. He feels the economy comes first. I think his belief is that if enough people get covid, the problem will eventually go away.
People are sick of this and rightfully so. Sadly I don't think things will get better until people take this seriously and do what's necessary to end this nightmare. People saying screw it or believing covid is fake just prolongs the problem IMO.
I hope things get better for you soon. And keep venting!! John
Old 12-07-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi Sam
I understand that stress can bring a person over the brink. Been there, done that!
I'm an artsy-fartsy type of people. I have used my sorrow as a inspiration for my art creations.
When I hurt I turn to the arts. There I have found a nurturing body of work that sends my spirits in an upward spiral.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that's rough. You're right that drinking will not help one little bit tho.
Next year shows all the signs of being better - hang in there

D
Old 12-07-2020, 01:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I know it doesn't help much, but tons of people are in the same boat! Hopefully you get called back to work once the pandemic is controlled. Will you get unemployment payments? I know it's hard to stay positive when you're going nuts over the isolation but hang in there, and try to remember we'll all get through this!
Old 12-07-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Samantha - I'd like to add my concern for you too. Just want you to know I care & sympathize. The timing of the furlough is awful.
I'm glad we've all learned that drinking brings us no lasting comfort & only compounds our troubles. We're here to listen whenever you want.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Samantha

Thank you everyone so much for your comments. It makes me feel so much better. I'm stressed to the point I feel sick, but I'm sober and didn't even think of getting booze today.
since we cannot buy non essential items here, I can't buy games or crafts or anything so I will be bored, now especially with no work after Friday.
what a bummer, no family for Christmas and now no gifts (not that we can buy them here anyway!)
I will get EI but only 50% of my pay.
thinking about a part time job but I will only be able to work a very small amount while on EI.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Anxiousrock, maybe you can order some craft supplies and gifts online. I find that things have been coming pretty quickly. Part-time work could be a good idea for some extra cash, of course, but also for having something to do.