Notices

I just need to vent a bit....sorry.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That sux anxiousrock.

We'll get hit by many things as as we proceed through life, but we've got to cop to it, and find the means to cope with them sober. It's the best and only way.

When this virus has finally been defeated, and you find yourself standing sober, you will be so glad. Rejoicing.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Anxiousrock, maybe you can order some craft supplies and gifts online. I find that things have been coming pretty quickly. Part-time work could be a good idea for some extra cash, of course, but also for having something to do.
I may have to...although I'd feel bad spending money on non- essentials right now.
I cant get crafts but I can get weed or liquor lol. Crazy.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
That sux anxiousrock.

We'll get hit by many things as as we proceed through life, but we've got to cop to it, and find the means to cope with them sober. It's the best and only way.

When this virus has finally been defeated, and you find yourself standing sober, you will be so glad. Rejoicing.
In a way I'm surprised that I didn't just go straight to the liquor store today but....I am technically supposed to finish up the week.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's frustrating as hell, and very bad timing to lay you all off so close to the holidays. I wouldn't feel bad about ordering crafts and books and such online. You need distractions, something to do, and if you can find stuff online, so much the better.

PS, venting is a whole lot better than drinking.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry about your job, that is definitely very stressful. We are back in a stay at home order here as well. You should definitely think about ordering some craft supplies to keep your mind occupied. Are you able to get outdoors for a walk? We are still allowed outside for exercise, but we do not have a strict lockdown.

The vaccine is definitely encouraging, I am hopeful that in 2021 we will be able to get back to some sort of normalcy.

Sending lots of love your way!

❤️ Delilah
Old 12-07-2020, 07:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Do you have to finish up the working week anxiousrock? If it helps you mentally, good one. If not, I wouldn't be bothered. I do have a good work ethic by the way, but being sacked right on Christmas doesn't engender any loyalty in me personally, unless of course you work in an necessary industry. Health, etc.

Hope you get a Christmas bonus.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Do you have to finish up the working week anxiousrock? If it helps you mentally, good one. If not, I wouldn't be bothered. I do have a good work ethic by the way, but being sacked right on Christmas doesn't engender any loyalty in me personally, unless of course you work in an necessary industry. Health, etc.

Hope you get a Christmas bonus.
yes they advised lay offs after December 11, so I am supposed to work until then.
Christmas bonus? I've been working for 65% of my wage, funded by the government for months. My company has no money . Since the government won't extend the program they were using yo pay us, they just have no money to pay us so that is why I'm being laid off.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I’m so sorry about your job, that is definitely very stressful. We are back in a stay at home order here as well. You should definitely think about ordering some craft supplies to keep your mind occupied. Are you able to get outdoors for a walk? We are still allowed outside for exercise, but we do not have a strict lockdown.

The vaccine is definitely encouraging, I am hopeful that in 2021 we will be able to get back to some sort of normalcy.

Sending lots of love your way!

❤️ Delilah
yep I walk every day.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the job, Anxious. I am alone and unemployed myself for the duration of the pandemic too. Although, I was unemployed before the pandemic hit. Toronto is on full lockdown so the only thing I can do is get out and walk, grocery shop, get coffee. Otherwise, I am watching Netflix and arguing with random people on Reddit.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Sorry to hear about the job, Anxious. I am alone and unemployed myself for the duration of the pandemic too. Although, I was unemployed before the pandemic hit. Toronto is on full lockdown so the only thing I can do is get out and walk, grocery shop, get coffee. Otherwise, I am watching Netflix and arguing with random people on Reddit.
wow we are close! I am just in manitoba and we have the lockdown too! I go to the grocery store and walk, sometimes walk to the grocery store lol.
just crap here right now, I'm lonely and bored. I walked to the park the other day with a coffee and sat 10ft away from others in the sun, and it was almost like being with people! Probably the best day I've had in a while.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your situation, Anxiousrock. 2020 is going to go down in history as quite the year. For us, it'll be the year we got sober.

In times like these, I consider my crafts to be essential.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:52 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry to hear that hit you all at once anxiousrock. I had to quit my job back in June, first job I actually enjoyed too.

I keep trying to tell myself at least we're finally turning a corner. We have a vaccine that has already been tested and is being distributed. I don't think most people even know how incredible that is. Vaccine development usually takes anywhere from 10-15 years. We can see a finish line. In the meantime we just need to stay safe, stay inside, and stay sober.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm right with you anxiousrock. We are locked down again until the 19th. THe gym is my daily outlet. All I do now is eat, sleep and work and it is no life at all.

sorry to hear about the layoffs, that is terrible. Right before Christmas no doubt. Prayers for you.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation, Anxiousrock. 2020 is going to go down in history as quite the year. For us, it'll be the year we got sober.

In times like these, I consider my crafts to be essential.
a lot of people people were bummed when they stopped selling non essentials just before Christmas! No toys or crafts or anything for the kids.
I cant buy the new paints i need. They are only a dollar at the store but online much more when you have to pay shipping... not willing to do that lol.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I'm right with you anxiousrock. We are locked down again until the 19th. THe gym is my daily outlet. All I do now is eat, sleep and work and it is no life at all.

sorry to hear about the layoffs, that is terrible. Right before Christmas no doubt. Prayers for you.
thank you! Damn I miss the gym. While I do my online workouts it is NOT the same. I miss my coaches and I've been able to keep my weight in check so far but I feel like we're going to be eating a lot this Christmas since we are not allowed see family or anything
Old 12-08-2020, 12:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by relena View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that hit you all at once anxiousrock. I had to quit my job back in June, first job I actually enjoyed too.

I keep trying to tell myself at least we're finally turning a corner. We have a vaccine that has already been tested and is being distributed. I don't think most people even know how incredible that is. Vaccine development usually takes anywhere from 10-15 years. We can see a finish line. In the meantime we just need to stay safe, stay inside, and stay sober.
I am happy they've started the vaccine. It will take a long time for everyone to get it but I'm hopeful.