Notices

Intersecting in Space and Time

Old 11-27-2020, 10:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by least View Post

Makes me think of this song, my favorite Beatles song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcdt6DsLQA

We were married in a church. I had this played during the ceremony.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^ That touches me deeply.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

hmmmm that particular Beatles song, and a thread called "intersecting in space and time". That's a very meaningful set of "coincidences".
Synchronicity?
Old 11-27-2020, 11:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
hmmmm that particular Beatles song, and a thread called "intersecting in space and time". That's a very meaningful set of "coincidences".
Synchronicity?
You're good. Very good.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

EndGame,

I am sorry for your loss and share others thankfulness that you shared your feelings with us.

I am going to explain myself badly, but I wonder if she is still not there with you. You loved her and felt her a part of your world for 16 years after her death. Does her death change that?

Of course it is deeply sad that someone so special was lost so young. But for you, you had held your love in your heart without seeing her and still do.

I am someone who still feels the presence of love of those who have passed, sometimes more than those who are still with us. Maybe that is my way of coping with all the loss I have encountered, but I really feel that my support and love comes not only from those who share this plane but also from those that have gone on.

I am not saying this discounts your loss, but rather it shows the strength of your bond, and that for me, that bond would still be there.

Wishing you love and light.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The older we get the more people we were once close to die. Of course, it happens because that's what happens, but it brings up memories, and we seem to take it personally: "How could that person be dead? He/she was a close friend." This is illogical of course, because being close cannot prevent someone from reaching life's inevitable conclusion. But it is still a surprise, and people we may not have thought about for years are suddenly missed even though we have lost touch. I find myself hoping they lived rich fulfilling lives. Some have, others not so much. The best we can hope for is that they were happy.

A grade school chum was the top of the class, popular, and a good athlete. He had success written all over him. I lost touch with him 60 years ago. I googled him a few years ago and all I found was his obituary, and even that was 25 years old by then. He joined the Air Force and became a Colonel at a young age, and with a promising career ahead of him, he died of a brain tumor. How could that happen? He had everything going for him, and he was just getting started. It's funny how we react to some things.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Wow Endgame, that post really got me. As you said, life passes in a moment. That was a very meaningful and moving share. Thank you for it. Has me thinking about luck and loss and love and all that stuff tonight.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Thank you for this thread EndGame. I find it grounding. I love that the album says Rubber Soul.