Notices

Crippling Depression

Old 11-20-2020, 01:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Had crippling anxiety and depression since I was a kid of age 10.I have NO DOUBT the depression and mental health problems started BEFORE I ever took the first drink.Can thank the slaughterhouse known as the public school system for SOME of my problems.....
Old 11-20-2020, 04:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Man, please go see your doctor, you can feel better. I was put on meds a week ago and I feel things get slightly more positive. I want to eat healthier food. I do have cravings but I know that mixing alcohol and meds won't do any good so I resist. Sometimes, we have to accept that we can't make it alone... Stay strong!
Old 11-20-2020, 07:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
I'm on welbutrin and abilify. And a heavy dose.
question, the doc has prescribed me welbutrin and I'm scared to take it cause my mom has always had issues with depression and pills scare me. What are your experiences with it?
Old 11-20-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The Wellbutrin seemed to be a miracle for me my 2-3 weeks of taking it, but I am now back to my own in the gutter thinking. Probably the alcohol.
my doc said that the wellbutrin will make my anxiety worse in the beginning...was this the case for you? I mean, i know everyone is different, but what was experience? Thx
Old 11-20-2020, 08:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
my doc said that the wellbutrin will make my anxiety worse in the beginning...was this the case for you? I mean, i know everyone is different, but what was experience? Thx
HI Backtogood,

No it actually helped with my anxiety. The one side effect I had was feeling dizzy, but that only last a day or 2. I guess one other side effect was an increased appetite, but I think that is very common with most antidepressants.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

HI Backtogood,

No it actually helped with my anxiety. The one side effect I had was feeling dizzy, but that only last a day or 2. I guess one other side effect was an increased appetite, but I think that is very common with most antidepressants.
thanks. I just took my first one. I've had them in my closet for a couple months. I figured since since today is (yet another day 1) i might as try something new, since my other attempts haven't stuck. I just want to find peace and 2020 sure as hell hasnt brought that. Haha. Appricate the feedback.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

If you are drinking you definitely won't be able to overcome feelings of depression. You have to be getting high on a depressant to feel that brief euphoria. In my experience, the depressant affect of alcohol lasts a long time and is more pronounced when env triggers like short days kick in.

It was my periodic episodes of bad depression that helped me realize that I was an alcoholic. Best of luck!