Notices

Recovery and job change

Old 11-08-2020, 09:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sticky, you’re nearly six months sober so it sounds like you’ve realised you’re a lot more capable than you were when drinking. As a result, you’re after a more worthy job, and who can blame you? In ordinary times, there’d be jobs aplenty, but keep up with the mindfulness and the other good stuff until at least the beginning of 2021 when hopefully things are more sensible.

It’s incredible what we can do when we quit drinking. I’m 22 months sober (you’ll soon be a year then two years and so on) and three months into a mahoosive career change (secondary science teacher). I’d never have dreamed of doing this two or three years ago. So many opportunities come along when we’re not held back by alcohol.

Well done on the great work. Sorry the job sucks, but hang on in there.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I want to say thank you everyone for the support.
Old 02-19-2021, 01:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was going back through some of my threads I started. And wanted to touch back maybe someone else is going through this same thing during recovery. Today is day 281 I am still here in the same job. But things have changed the I way I view things. I didn't quit when it felt like everything is against me. But you know what hasn't changed toxic management it's still the same. But while they continue the same toxic path I took a different path and worked on myself. And it's has payed off the company has brought in new upper management and let's say they are not happy what was going on and they are now being held accountable. Yes I feel like karma has come to collect which I'm working on to not bring back resentment which I had been working on. But the most important thing about this is I truly believe don't matter how long you are doing something you still need to get up every morning and put in the work. Just on my mind
Old 02-19-2021, 02:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah changing myself and my reactions was key for me too stickyone

D
Old 02-19-2021, 03:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I agree that being miserable is not worth it. You can start looking for other opportunities before bailing on this one, but if you feel awful at work get outta there!