Notices

Relapsing Every 2-3 Days after 2 Years of Being on Track

Old 10-04-2020, 04:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think I’m going to leave SR and stop posting. This place has done little for me. No matter how many times I create a thread or where I post it I get little to no responses (thank you to the people who do respond!).

This isn’t about attention it’s about the fact that I have little to no support in real life and now I realize I can’t even do right on an online forum.

Clearly I can’t fit in no matter what section I post in or I’ve rubbed everyone the wrong way for some reason.

Waste of time. You may think I’m reading it the wrong way but I’ve gone through many other people’s threads and I just don’t understand why I don’t get the same type of responses? My threads just get skated over constantly.

For those that actually give a damn today is day 5 for me!

Old 10-04-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Erica375

I'm sorry you feel ignored. Yours is one of a few names I recognize; surely I'm not the only one. I've tried several different sobriety forums and they all have advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes I read and post more on one than another.

Try out some others, if you haven't already. You don't have to leave SR to do that. I hope you decide to stick around!
Old 10-04-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by treeguy24 View Post
I think I’m going to leave SR and stop posting. This place has done little for me. No matter how many times I create a thread or where I post it I get little to no responses (thank you to the people who do respond!).

This isn’t about attention it’s about the fact that I have little to no support in real life and now I realize I can’t even do right on an online forum.

Clearly I can’t fit in no matter what section I post in or I’ve rubbed everyone the wrong way for some reason.

Waste of time. You may think I’m reading it the wrong way but I’ve gone through many other people’s threads and I just don’t understand why I don’t get the same type of responses? My threads just get skated over constantly.

For those that actually give a damn today is day 5 for me!
If you find that other people are consistently failing to meet your expectations, maybe it's your expectations that need adjusting.

If you're looking for a particular form of "support" and not finding it, maybe it's your definition of "support" that needs to be revised.

Recovery is an "inside job" -- look for what you can do to improve your situation, rather than what others can do for you.

At 5 days sober, you're probably still experiencing some withdrawal, which can put your nervous system on full red alert and cause you to overreact. Take deep breaths, go for a walk, remember that this too shall pass, and don't drink!
Old 10-04-2020, 12:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Andante View Post
If you find that other people are consistently failing to meet your expectations, maybe it's your expectations that need adjusting.

If you're looking for a particular form of "support" and not finding it, maybe it's your definition of "support" that needs to be revised.

Recovery is an "inside job" -- look for what you can do to improve your situation, rather than what others can do for you.

At 5 days sober, you're probably still experiencing some withdrawal, which can put your nervous system on full red alert and cause you to overreact. Take deep breaths, go for a walk, remember that this too shall pass, and don't drink!
FYI I am not an alcoholic or addicted to alcohol. I am an opiate addict and have had some problem drinking but am not dependent on alcohol, so I am NOT in withdrawal!!
Old 10-04-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erica375 View Post
I'm sorry you feel ignored. Yours is one of a few names I recognize; surely I'm not the only one. I've tried several different sobriety forums and they all have advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes I read and post more on one than another.

Try out some others, if you haven't already. You don't have to leave SR to do that. I hope you decide to stick around!
I do feel ignored. It seems everyone else who posts is getting a ton of a support and replies and I don't get near to that. It makes me feel singled out. It makes me feel like I can't even do an online forum right. Why don't people like me on here?
Old 10-04-2020, 12:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

All I'd like to know is why compared to everyone else I seem to get constantly skated over.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by treeguy24 View Post
FYI I am not an alcoholic or addicted to alcohol. I am an opiate addict and have had some problem drinking but am not dependent on alcohol, so I am NOT in withdrawal!!
Hi tree guy. Congrats on being off opiates for 5 days. What’s got you so defensive? Withdrawals are caused by quitting opiates too, not just alcohol. I hope you stick around!
Old 10-04-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Tree Guy, I spend more time on Friends and Family than on Newcomers so I may never have commented on any of your threads.

I'm not sure I can be much help and as you no doubt know, this is a forum for broken addicts and drunks so we are a mixed lot.

If this place doesn't work for you even as a supplementary support system, I hope you find something better.

How is your day going? Are you managing to stay away from the drink?