Notices

Hard verses wine?

Old 09-10-2020, 10:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Okay, I'll share...

I'm on day 3 of a taper. Been on a rampage since March, downing about 800ml of vodka per day. Sometimes more, rarely less. Was working from home for the first 2 days of this taper, but had to show up at the office for a meeting today.

I started day 1 with 1oz every hour, from 10am - 11pm. Yesterday was 1oz every hour from 11am - 11pm. Hoped to do 1oz every hour today, starting at 12pm, and continue adding an hour to my start time every day. Unfortunately, I'm not drinking in the office. It's almost 11am right now and I don't feel too bad, just a little foggy and anxious that I won't be getting that 1oz at 12pm. We'll see how I feel when I get home at 6pm. This might speed up the taper by several days. If I start at 6pm today, I can start at 7pm tomorrow and be done by Sunday.

It's happening one way or another, either ends today or on Sunday. I'm done.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah, REM. That doesn't really sound like a taper. You're allowing yourself 12 ounces? That's ...

How about 3 ounces today.

2 tomorrow...without the time limit on it. The alcohol should just be a last ditch "medicine" - not a scheduled party-time for 10-11 hours.

None the day after tomorrow?

If you can't taper off in a couple days, then get some medical help. All you're doing is bargaining with the bottle and the bottle is winning.

I found if I had more than two regular drinks all bets were off, so I had to get to that two to three ounces right away, on the first day. My good intentions go out the window after three drinks.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I hear what you're saying, Bimini. Going from 25 to 12 was a tough cut. It's almost noon now and I'm feeling pretty good. Won't have the opportunity for another 6 hours anyway. There's a good chance this will be over today.

Figured it would be safer to come off that daily volume in 5 - 7 days vs 2.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I will be thinking of you! You can do it.

No matter how you get there, it WILL be uncomfortable. Just tough it out if you can, don't forget that Urgent Care is better than continuing to drink. Make your stand, my friend.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you, bimini. I'll report back in my own thread tomorrow. I'm not trying to steal this one.