Notices

Checking in

Old 09-01-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in

Hello sober people and all who are trying to put the drink down. Sept 4th will be 34 months. Crappy August my daughter got rear ended by the Throgs neck bridge she is ok car totaled. Later in the month both daughters at the same college upstate ny tested positive for Covid. They have no symptoms, they are in isolation. Situations people, not problems can’t control it and it will pass. If I was still drinking I would definitely be drunk 24-7 making it all about me and what IM GOING THROUGH. It’s not like that anymore which is a gift. Stick to it everyone, especially people who are struggling.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your milestone Kdon and best thoughts/prayers to you and your daughters for a speedy trouble free recovery

D
Old 09-01-2020, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Situations people, not problems can’t control it and it will pass. If I was still drinking I would definitely be drunk 24-7 making it all about me and what IM GOING THROUGH. It’s not like that anymore which is a gift. Stick to it everyone, especially people who are struggling.[/QUOTE]

thanks. I need to keep this perspective all the time. You are 34 months. I’m finishing 36 days. What did you do to help you gain and maintain this perspective?

Best to you family.

B
Old 09-01-2020, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

B, the first 6 months I wanted to drink everyday obsessed craved whatever you want to call it . One of the hardest things I ever did in my life. I’m very involved in AA saved my life , working the steps changed my thinking and perception of life. I know AA is not for everyone . Believe me I’m not this perfect serene person but I’m getting better
Old 09-02-2020, 01:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your soon to be 34 months And best wishes to yourself and your daughters.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 34!