Notices

A little milestone

Old 08-14-2020, 09:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little milestone

As of 8/12 it’s been 4 months without a drink and 6 months since I drank regularly. Don’t plan on picking one up ever again. I still feel like crap though. Waiting for that awesome healthy feeling to overtake me.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time! To speed up the arrival of that awesome healthy feeling, practice gratitude every day. That's what I was advised to do when, at 3 months, I wasn't 'feeling it' and my sobriety felt threatened. Gratitude strengthened my sobriety and made me happier too. Here's a good article about gratitude.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/o...pier.html?_r=0
Old 08-14-2020, 11:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your sober time

I hope you'll feel better soon - for me I also had to look at other things as well tho - my diet was pretty cruddy for example, and I got next to no exercise. Fixing up both things really helped

D
Old 08-14-2020, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you doing anything to feel better? Exercise, socializing, fun hobbies,?
Old 08-15-2020, 12:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Excellent work. Well done on your 4 months. Have you experienced any mental or physical changes?
Old 08-15-2020, 12:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I am heavily kindled and felt very bad, off and on, for well over 6 months. Off and on was they key.

My old alky buddy would tell me to just have a drink to take the edge off, but I knew that would end up bad, as usual.

i still get cravings, but thanks to this place, I get real feedback, examples, and reasons to remain proudly clean forever.

Drinking was a learned behavior. It permanently altered my brain. I will crave for life. If I relapse it will contribute to an early demise filled with sickness both physically and mentally. I am not going out like that.

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow...feeling down like you do and remaining sober for 4 months is a real accomplishment..
Getting that "healthy" feeling is unfortunately something else you have to work for.

I have some weights and a ball that have been staring at me for months...and this week I picked up the weights and started some small workouts....and it feels amazing that I am making the effort to keep my body in shape....

When you exercise (even a little bit) to keep your body in shape it really changes your mental wellness for the better.
You want to feel healthier...and happy...so make a goal for this DAY to do some type of exercise for your body...walking, riding a bike, jumping jacks? LOL....lifting weights....something and your mental state will benefit from it.....

Old 08-15-2020, 07:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have had some real health issues. I have had serious pain in my liver, gastrointestinal issues, joint pain, fatigue, nausea and now chest pain. I’ve had blood tests, ultrasound and recently a cat scan. They say I have small lesions on my liver. Going to a gastroenterologist soon to try to get to the bottom of it. I’ve been eating very healthy, have gone gluten free and exercising but nothing helps. I’m just hoping I stopped drinking in time. Trying everything I can to feel better, taking supplements and meditating too. I’m hoping one day I wake up and all this is over.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
OX

Congratulations lucky day. 4 months is great. Sounds like you are giving your body the opportunity to meet you on the good side. Well done
Old 08-16-2020, 06:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

4 months of sobriety is great, and I hope you start to feel better.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep at it, you got this! Life happens and continues to happen, and we are now in a position where we feel things REALLY.

Things get better, at least we are not soaking in alcohol any longer.

Nic.