Notices

Feeling super down

Old 08-11-2020, 12:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I totally tried to cut my mother out of my life. She was driving me crazy. Then my step dad, who hates me, calls me out of the blue and begs me to start talking to my mom because she is going crazy thinking i hate her.

Because I am a nice person, I make contact again and we try to work things out. I really feel I went out of my way to make things work and after all that she starts to not care anymore.

I forgive and try to forget. As long as she isn't trying to harm me, I can except the weirdness.

I have weird problems like this with my wife as well. I try to except that they are just different than me, but it gets tiresome.

Communication is important, but when it seems to go around in circles, it just becomes tiresome and depressing.

Sometimes the best thing is to just walk away and let things settle down on their own.

Too much talking and figuring things out can lead frustration. Time heals wounds.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lilac0505 View Post
Into day 2. Feel super down. I don’t want to get out of bed and spent the entire day yesterday in bed recovering from a binge. So now I’m sore and feel more depressed. I just feel like a terrible person. I really messed up this time by letting my feelings get the best of me and saying things to people I shouldn’t have. This is my own mother who I have no contact with. She’s very narcissistic and has done some pretty incredibly awful things as of late. Everything I texted her she made screenshots of and sent to my entire family including my husband saying “just thought you should be aware”. The thing is no matter what I say everyone believes her. I’m definitely the scapegoat of the family and she knows how to gaslight me into losing my **** while she plays the victim. I know I need to probably see someone to get over all the anger I have for this woman but it’s almost like she drives me to a point where I feel crazy with all the lies she tells and trying to turn people against me. Felt worthless my whole life.
Lilac, I went through almost the exact same thing. If you want to discuss privately DM me. Anyway, you NEED to find a way to get past it because it will drive you completely insane. I sought professional help for awhile, now I'm cool. Keep in mind, its not your fault, she is the one who has the personality disorder and is abnormal. Normal people don't screenshot thing and send them to everyone, including your husband. Take care of yourself first and foremost.