Notices

Day 6

Old 07-18-2020, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Day 6 for me. Yesterday I went away to the coast with a friend to camp and put myself in a position where in the past I'd have loved to have had a lot of drink. Maybe a little early but I feel differently this time around, and I'm not hiding from anything so took the risk. I had a great time. No social anxiety in the pub and just a great time with a friend who got very drunk. I was able to see first hand, through my friend, exactly how I would have been if I had drank. A bit louder, more crasse, I'd have spent an extra £50, woken with a hangover, looked ill and tired, have consumed way too many extra calories, have been pissing all night, mumbling my words, not making much sense and dropping and losing stuff. I just feel great that I did it and it wasn't an issue. Did it cross my mind to have a drink? Yeah a little bit but just through habitual thought. I soon dismissed it each time. The pains in my side finally stopped today too. I'm so grateful life feels like it's changing for the better.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 6 and well done for not drinking when you were out yesterday. And as you point out you woke up this morning with a clear head and £50 that you wouldn't have had if you were to have drunk alcohol.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It really is eye opening being with someone else who is drunk while we are sober.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
It really is eye opening being with someone else who is drunk while we are sober.
That is one of the reasons, the main one in fact, that I don't really enjoy being around people who are drinking if I'm not drinking. It's fine to be in their company for a short while but once someone is drunk they cease to be good company.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

6 days is awesome! keep Focusing on the negatives of alcohol. I just past six moths sober and that has been very useful for me. And by writing it here you can come back and read what you wrote if the AV kicks in.