Notices

not sure how to do this

Old 07-10-2020, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post not sure how to do this

Hi everyone,
I want to stop using oxy more than anything it rules my life...at the moment i have a little left that im trying to work out how to use to help the withdrawals not be so bad... I got put on the meds for a medical condition and then my body got tolerant , then my life went to crap and i started taking more just to physically and sometimes emotionally get through the day.. I dont have much of a support system certainly noone i can talk to about this but i feel like i can be happy about life or even cope with it unless im using i take oxycontin dont drink or smoke// things got out of have for me when i foung my partner of 14 years cheating on me, i was just going into remission from a rare disease hence how the drugs started.. my life was turned upside down especially as found my mum had cancer two days before.. it was supposed to be treatable she died suddenly within a couple of months i had to tell her she was dying everything ask who she wanted to visit final arrangements.. its a long story but this is the short version....my brother couldnt cope and he killed himself.. (he was isolated witha medical condition and was very close to my mum..i was his next of kin si had to deal with everything.. ,thats when my use really got out of control.. the doc would give me more because of my medical disease... anyways thats the long and short of it as i have to go to work, which i no longer want to even do.. and i used to love it.. i find im only my normal happy self whe im using.. so im trying to stop taking them i have one sheet of oxy left and im trying to make the withdrawals not as bad.. any suggestions would be helpful.. its only in trying to do this that i realise how psychologically hooked i am like they are a comforting friend.. even the thought of not being on them is scary.. but i know if i stay on them i wont be here for much longer, as i dont care enough about life to stick around.. this is one of many reasons im quitting.. but i have no support system and thought i might find friends or like minded people here that could help or at least understand...
thanks to those who read this
much appreciation
Old 07-10-2020, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome lost

I'm so sorry for the loss and tragedy in your life. That all sounds tough but I'm glad you're moving through it.

I have no experience with oxys but I know that addiction can be beaten and support is a very important part of that - really glad to have you with us

I really believe you can be you normal happy self again without getting high - it's got to be worth a try

D
Old 07-10-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! I have no knowledge of oxy's either, I was a wino, but I know that addiction can be overcome. I hope our support can help you get clean for good.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all that you've had to cope with. And, I know that you can get past this addiction. We're here for you.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is a lot going on in one life lost6. It seems to me that your only option to move forward from all of that - the perfect storm of challenging events - is clean and healthy and off oxy's. The things that have happened to you will always be part of you, but they can take their proper place in your life if you are healthy and sober. Then, you can fill your future with whatever you want.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Lost, Do you have access to a doctor to open up to about it? It can be beaten but just like anything else, many times you just have to push through the hard part in the beginning and then it gets easier. There is a forum here for oxy I believe. Not sure if you posted there too. Here will get you more replies probably though.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So sorry to read about the poor cards you were dealt lost. You will find support here.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Opiate withdrawal is not the same as other substances. You might need to see a doctor to taper off or use something else to help. I did it once, thought I could do it on my own but was forced on meds because my body was all out of whack, high blood pressure etc
Old 07-11-2020, 12:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Isolation is one of the worst things for addiction. The 2 things that really helped me in my addiction was turning my life over to my Higher Power and becoming more loving toward people and helping them.

I just said to my God, "God I give my life to you, come into my life." I meant what I said, they were not just hollow words.

Becoming more loving and helpful towards other people was the silver bullet for me. I started by posting positive messages on post it notes and leaving them in bathrooms and other public places. Since then, it has grown from there. I post on this forum usually when I see someone asking for advice or help. Like I said, it has been all about becoming more loving and helpful towards people.

Once again, turning my life over to my Higher Power and becoming more loving toward people and helping them is what really allowed me to drop my addiction.