Notices

Alba diary July 2020

Old 09-27-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

It's the end of the week as we know it and I feel fine! Nice wee day 89 today and much easier than the last two - no real reason why just perhaps because it's a Sunday and I do the school run on Monday morning. Those who've followed my scribblings will know the importance of good food and exercise and I haven't been eating at all well over the last few days. The house is full with lollies and candy for Halloween and I've been indulging. I hope it doesn't end up with my Googling "Drumstick addiction forums". I'll be better this week.

I plan to visit the golf driving range a few times this week to run alongside the gym for some sober steps. Because I feel becoming slimmer and more at peace with myself would help me remain sober.

Hopefully same time Monday for day 90.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by ALBAdrunk View Post
It's the end of the week as we know it and I feel fine! Nice wee day 89 today and much easier than the last two - no real reason why just perhaps because it's a Sunday and I do the school run on Monday morning. Those who've followed my scribblings will know the importance of good food and exercise and I haven't been eating at all well over the last few days. The house is full with lollies and candy for Halloween and I've been indulging. I hope it doesn't end up with my Googling "Drumstick addiction forums". I'll be better this week.

I plan to visit the golf driving range a few times this week to run alongside the gym for some sober steps. Because I feel becoming slimmer and more at peace with myself would help me remain sober.

Hopefully same time Monday for day 90.
Oh, man....drumsticks are my favourite....and refreshers! Have you tried the drumstick lollies?? Awesome!

Anyway, not trying to encourage you to eat more sweeties.....well done Alba, you are really killing this
Old 09-28-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Monday night brings up day 90. Really pleased to reach 90 days. The 1st of September brings up 3 months and I hope my liver is beginning the process of repairing itself.

One of the things sobriety does is put more money in your pocket. I have a jar in my kitchen and on July the 1st I started putting away the money I'd spend of booze tonight I emptied it and it was just over £1,600. I've banked about half of it the rest of it I've spent on a top of the range mattress, pillows, quilt and blackout blinds. I'm going to start sleeping alone in the spare room and my wife is cool with that. My insomnia has improved over the last 40/50 days but it's still not perfect. Hopefully with these bedtime improvements I'll start looking forward to bed rather than dreading it.

Same time Tuesday night.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on your milestone ALBA

D
Old 09-29-2020, 03:26 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Day 91 today and very disappointed again with my attitude towards food. I'm literally in a rut with it in the way I can easily get with alcohol. I need to start tomorrow on the front foot with some fruit. Since coming off an eating plan and having everything structured I've lost my way. There's clearly parallels with my relationship with booze although I'm not beating myself up too much about having about 2 weeks of bad food choices.

But......still on the sober train. Same time tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:03 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

I hear you loud and and clear. Many of us seem to have food issues in sobriety. I know I do. I consumed enough sugar to sink a ship!

But at least with food we have options. I got out my Oh She Glows cookbook yesterday and made yummy Indian soup. For me eating healthy means lots of time in the kitchen...it’s a work in progress

Congrats on 91 days!
Old 09-30-2020, 10:14 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Day 91 today and very disappointed again with my attitude towards food. I'm literally in a rut with it in the way I can easily get with alcohol. I need to start tomorrow on the front foot with some fruit. Since coming off an eating plan and having everything structured I've lost my way. There's clearly parallels with my relationship with booze although I'm not beating myself up too much about having about 2 weeks of bad food choices.

But......still on the sober train. Same time tomorrow.
Hey Alba....I think starting off the day with positive food choices makes a big difference. If I start off well, I tend to keep it going throughout the day. If I start off eating rubbish then it just kind of carries on. That whole mental health - food link is so true, and I think it all ties in with drinking patterns and cravings too.

Congratulations of what you have achieved so far!
Old 09-30-2020, 02:45 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Day 92. Roll and square sausage (Gabe x), Some chocolate, crisps chicken a chips then an Ice cream from a popular gut rot fast food outlet.

No booze though.

Garbage and must do better.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 92 days, Alba! I just read your thread and appreciate all the sharing there!
Old 10-01-2020, 10:28 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Day 92. Roll and square sausage (Gabe x), Some chocolate, crisps chicken a chips then an Ice cream from a popular gut rot fast food outlet.

No booze though.

Garbage and must do better.
Main thing is no booze. I had a lorne roll after reading this! Keep going, you get back to where you want to be x
Old 10-01-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Day 93 and a better one on the eating front. But I had to use mechanisms to stop me getting some beer tonight. Having live sport on the TV is a trigger.

Same time Friday. Fri and Sat night logins are a great high. I hope to see you then.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:11 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Glad to see you’re putting in the work. Sobriety for most of us requires a sustained effort for quite some time but things do move to autopilot eventually. Drinking now would only reset the clock and cause all kinds of regret.

Do you have a replacement drink for when you’re watching sports?
Old 10-02-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
Glad to see you’re putting in the work. Sobriety for most of us requires a sustained effort for quite some time but things do move to autopilot eventually. Drinking now would only reset the clock and cause all kinds of regret.

Do you have a replacement drink for when you’re watching sports?
I quit my sports package in the house. I pay about 50 dollars a month for a semi-swanky gym membership. If I want to watch sport I need to walk/run or crosstrainer.

Tonight brings up day 94. A sat night sober post is my favourite so something to look forward too.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:27 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Sat night the very best high of the week for being clean.

Kids in wife in bed I'm downstairs doing very little but it feels cathartic, right and normal.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:23 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Day 96 done. It's 922 and the shops shut in 38 mins but I'm in the gym till 10pm.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Day 96 done. It's 922 and the shops shut in 38 mins but I'm in the gym till 10pm.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:43 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Day 97 done. My days are clocking up nicely now and I'm 76 days sober longer that I'd ever done previously. There's still temptation everyday ( some more than others ) but I knew my liver needed at the very least a good long break from drinking and that's what I'm doing. I think I promised myself at the start of this I'd go and get bloods drawn if I reached 100 days but I'm not wanting to. Partly through being scared and partly through not wanting the halt the forward momentum I've built up. Today I was grateful for the gym being nice a quiet which allowed me to plug into youtube and pass a couple hours doing light exercise. I'd talked previously about getting a new bed to sleep in the spare room to hopefully improve my sleep quality (typically getting about 4-5 hours a night), so it's all made up - the mattress is massive - with nice tight sheets and it's pitch black in that room so I'll turn in for the night and hopefully had some decent sleep.

Same time tomorrow for my Tuesday login, and good luck to everyone fighting to get sober and to stay sober. We're in it together.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:56 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Day 97 done. My days are clocking up nicely now and I'm 76 days sober longer that I'd ever done previously. There's still temptation everyday ( some more than others ) but I knew my liver needed at the very least a good long break from drinking and that's what I'm doing. I think I promised myself at the start of this I'd go and get bloods drawn if I reached 100 days but I'm not wanting to. Partly through being scared and partly through not wanting the halt the forward momentum I've built up. Today I was grateful for the gym being nice a quiet which allowed me to plug into youtube and pass a couple hours doing light exercise. I'd talked previously about getting a new bed to sleep in the spare room to hopefully improve my sleep quality (typically getting about 4-5 hours a night), so it's all made up - the mattress is massive - with nice tight sheets and it's pitch black in that room so I'll turn in for the night and hopefully had some decent sleep.

Same time tomorrow for my Tuesday login, and good luck to everyone fighting to get sober and to stay sober. We're in it together.
WOW Alba, 100 days is such an achievement. Well done, I am really happy for you!

How did you get on in the new bed? I hoping you had a great sleep. You know, you bloods results might surprise you? I heard of big improvements in this kind of time. x
Old 10-06-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
WOW Alba, 100 days is such an achievement. Well done, I am really happy for you!

How did you get on in the new bed? I hoping you had a great sleep. You know, you bloods results might surprise you? I heard of big improvements in this kind of time. x

DAY 98 done - I'm not at 100 days yet Gabe! Hopefully on Thursday night I'll be able to report but as always there's no guarantees. Tonight I was walking on the treadmill at about 8:45pm and I absolutely had a thought about going to the local ASDA ( Walmart) before closing time. At which point I turned up the treadmill from 3mph to about 12 mph to run some stupidity out my head for about 90 seconds then back to the slow plodding.

The beds a big upgrade and if you spend about 1/3 of your life in bed it's a sage investment to get a good one! Annoyingly I'm up at 6am tomorrow which I didn't plan to do for work and that might test me as tired me would often drink.

With the very best of intentions I'll update same time Wed evening for Day 99.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:20 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Almost though! You'll do it....