Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Having a stress less, sober, weekend - Weekenders 26-29 June 2020

Notices

Having a stress less, sober, weekend - Weekenders 26-29 June 2020

Old 06-29-2020, 01:35 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning all, happy Monday.

I found it odd having to rub something that smelled like a vodka-aloe vera cocktail into my hands at the start of CV19, but I'm used to it now. I just don't stick my nose into like I did the first time.

well done Sao, the pictures were taken in the Surrey Hills, near Box Hill (as featured in Jane Austen).

I don't really eat sugar, not because I'm anti-it, but I just don't have a sweet tooth. (I did used to have a very winey tooth though ) however, during lockdown I I had a packet of chocolate biscuits (not in one sitting) & I really craved sugar for weeks afterwards. it's passed now thankfully!
Old 06-29-2020, 02:05 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Old 06-29-2020, 02:41 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

I've been watching those Kaily, they're very funny - "Kevin the doberman from Account ..."
Old 06-29-2020, 03:10 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Oh I love Olive and Mabel ❤️
Old 06-29-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Olive and Mabel.....naww thanks Kaily

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Well the Australians are losing the plot over toilet paper again! I have NO idea why these morons keep hoarding it.
it has NOTHING to do with your arse !

The hand santiser is lacking again too.....sigh.

i havent been in for a while so im going to catch up 9n what all you lovely people have been chatting about

xxxx

Old 06-29-2020, 05:49 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

at the cat gif and thanks for the Olive and Mabel thing Kaily. Now subscribed.

This is my life now.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:04 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ha! Those Olive and Mabel vids are excellent, they remind me of the room next door with Michael Spicer.

It's lovely round Box Hill Andy.

That's so weird hoarding Toilet Paper when there isn't a shortage of it or a reason for there to be a shortage of it. Just weird.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:35 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

SEABECK, Wash. (KOMO) - This is not the usual adventure on Sesame Street you would expect from your childhood...

A suspected drunk driver smashed into a Chevron gas station along the Seabeck Highway Sunday morning, then drove away from the scene, according to the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office.

He made it to Sesame Street where he abandoned his damaged SUV and ran off into the woods.

Police dog Heiko was brought to the scene and it didn't take long for him to track down their suspect hiding in the woods, where he surrendered without further incident, deputies said. No one was injured in the ordeal.

Deputies learned it was the driver's 5th DUI within 10 years and he was booked into the Kitsap County Jail for investigation of felony DUI, hit and run, driving with a suspended license and for two previous DUI warrants.
Dog wins the day.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:51 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

THANK you for Olive and Mabel. I needed a smile today.
Just got done with 3 meetings about the budget. I think I will be able to keep my job, might have to take a pay cut, and if we end up having to cut as much as is being projected, I will see some added duties as well. Better than losing my job. But it's not a happy thought. And it's not all about me. There are going to be painful cuts. No way around it. I'm feeling anguished. I care deeply about where I work, and I hate to see this happening. If I were a little older and in a little bit better financial position, I might retire. But I also hate to jump ship at a time when it will be very important to provide continuity.

I just got caught up reading the thread. Glad you are all here.

We have about 8 inches of rain since about 7 last evening. YES, 8. Maybe more by the time it actually stops. There is flooding around the area, roads and bridges washed out or closed due to high water. Basements flooded, power out in some areas. My house is fine, thank goodness. Good drainage in my neighborhood. Thank you, civil engineers of the early seventies when my neighborhood was added to the town. We needed rain but... yeah not that much all at once!
Old 06-29-2020, 01:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Magsie

I love Olive and Mabel. The guy was on the news today being asked about his blogs and his dogs of course.

Hiya Snoozy x

Marty, I’m glad you know where you stand with your job. It does sound daunting when they tell you there’s going to be pay cuts, and extra work, we had similar the last five years I was at steelworks. Constantly hanging over us was redundancies, or departments may close, be less pay and more work, but wrapped up better than I said it. Funny how after a while you adapt though.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:41 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Dull and Cloudy, we need some cheery food.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:44 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Magsie

Anyone for brunch?

Old 06-30-2020, 02:05 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I have sumatrrip - Kaily. It is a matter of catching the aura before the migraine proper hits..I get it right about 80% of the time.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:11 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

In some ways finding out I have a crushed vertebrae (from accident as a kid- age 8)- explains, thus reduces stress over migraines. I got my first migraine when I was 9- on a very long bus trip in 38C weather...it explains many things.

The thing I NEED to do now is adjust my thinking. I have achieved a lot in recovery, by frantically pushing hard- first with meetings, then CBT stuff, of course the burns physio and recovery stuff in the program I was in (hundreds of pages of stuff, plus 7 journals). It is now apparent blindly throwing myself at stuff (like managing a permanently stuffed back) with 120% energy and no thinking.

And so - oh,so-slowly- I learn and grow.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Eight inches of rain, ouch.

Maybe I'll try my hand at some food art. Fried fish nuggets laid out on a board into the shape of a fish?
Old 06-30-2020, 04:08 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness Mags, that food looks amazing! I’m going to have to try some of them, yummo!
Old 06-30-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Now I want toast.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I went to the store yesterday! I can make those toasties! I have all that stuff! And yummy fresh 24 grain bread.

except for the wild kidlet food coloring..none of that...I love the one with the bear face. I may have that for breakfast.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:55 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I am full of admiration for you PhoenixJ. I'm no medic but I believe some vertebrae damage can be treated with surgery or even non surgical intervention. It would be great if something could be done although presumably with the pandemic in full swing it might not be a priority right away. I hope something can be done for that and the migraines too.

That food looks good Mags. I don't think I have tried fruit on toast.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:35 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi guys, just catching up with the thread... Many congrats on your 2000 days Sao and well done Andyh on your 3 years - inspiring stuff! I have 18 months today.

Meanwhile, I'm busy today trying to get a complex project finished off that was promised 'for June'. I think I can just about make it tonight so I'd better not linger here long...

Warm wishes to all. Forwards.