Notices

I come in peace, and very humble.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:57 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I’m glad you’re here today Jeff.

THanks Delilah, with sober mind I see now benefit in running away from this site in shame, but rather remain and fight, and keep fighting.
I'll reveal my plan when I get it put together. It will involve face to face support.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I mean to say I see no benefit in running (misspelling)
Old 04-29-2020, 10:28 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

What's done is done now, Jeff. Move on and learn from the whole experience. You've had long periods off the drink in the past, time to get them sober days back again.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:45 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

You're exactly right to stick around, Jeff. We know the way out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM56KXM4y4c
Old 04-29-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

We are in this fight together, Jeff, every day.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Look Thomas,there are people here that are in much worse shape than you yet get much 'less support you so try to appreciate the support you getl so take advantage of this
Old 04-29-2020, 04:51 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Look Thomas,there are people here that are in much worse shape than you yet get much 'less support you so try to appreciate the support you getl so take advantage of this

My point is that some people are more articulate in expressing there situation. Everyone's situation is important but some people seem to have a knack of drawing attention while others get little cause of the way they explain their situation. I knew a guy that was quiet and didn't say much. He'd mention sometimes about how he felt, but didn't say much. He ended up killing himself. I think some people on this site are like him You seem to have a way to draw attention to your situation and thats not a bad thing. Just hope you use the attention you are getting for a good purpose. John
Old 04-29-2020, 05:33 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

My point is that some people are more articulate in expressing there situation. Everyone's situation is important but some people seem to have a knack of drawing attention while others get little cause of the way they explain their situation. I knew a guy that was quiet and didn't say much. He'd mention sometimes about how he felt, but didn't say much. He ended up killing himself. I think some people on this site are like him You seem to have a way to draw attention to your situation and thats not a bad thing. Just hope you use the attention you are getting for a good purpose. John

If anyone feels like they're not being listened to or not getting enough attention my PM inbox is always open
I'm good but I'm not clairvoyant - sometimes people have to tell me they're struggling
D
Old 04-30-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning, Jeff. Hope things are going well for you today.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Some of you may find this helpful. This was the first time I have been given medication to ease withdrawals. I was given .5mg of xanax. It is POWERFUL. A full tablet was too much for me. I ended up splitting them in half to a .25 mg half tablet and that was manageable. I know we are all different, but I'm just sharing my experience.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
~sb

Glad you found something that works. If it has a line on it, you can cut the pill(s); no line, talk with your doctor to get a different dosage. Do NOT cut pills with no lines on them without consulting your doctor.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:51 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff, glad to hear the Xanax helps. It is a very powerful drug indeed. Please be careful with it though if you like the effect - as you probably already know, it has very high abuse potential and withdrawal from benzos can be just as bad, if not worse, than alcohol. That won't happen if you take what they prescribed for acute withdrawal now, I am just saying be careful not to fantasize about it later to alter your mood - focus on those more complex, longer term plans instead. All the best!
Old 04-30-2020, 10:02 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If anyone feels like they're not being listened to or not getting enough attention my PM inbox is always open
I'm good but I'm not clairvoyant - sometimes people have to tell me they're struggling
D
Its just human nature dee. You put a bunch of people together to deal with a problem. The people that will get the most attention are the people that are the best at drawing attention to themselves. I learned when I was teaching that the quiet or the one that have a difficult time expressing themselves are oftentimes the ones that are truly struggling.i applaud people that have have the ability to draw attention to themselves cause they probably need it. Unfortunately they also use it. To get people to feel sorry for them and enable their behavior. I am talking from experience. Spent many years using my charm a gift of gab . Got me nowhere.john
Old 04-30-2020, 11:50 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Its just human nature dee. You put a bunch of people together to deal with a problem. The people that will get the most attention are the people that are the best at drawing attention to themselves. I learned when I was teaching that the quiet or the one that have a difficult time expressing themselves are oftentimes the ones that are truly struggling.i applaud people that have have the ability to draw attention to themselves cause they probably need it. Unfortunately they also use it. To get people to feel sorry for them and enable their behavior. I am talking from experience. Spent many years using my charm a gift of gab . Got me nowhere.john

I think the bolded is another extreme. It is indeed healthy to learn to express ourselves and seek help when the most needed - not for attention, but for real constructive input and change. Doing it for attention primarily and repeatedly, then not using the help indeed does not lead to progress much. But there are two elements here IMO: (1) constructive help seeking with an intention to apply it and (2) attention seeking with the intent to throw a pity party, get reactions and sympathy, feel good in the moment, but not use it for changing behavior...then rinse repeat. I think it takes honest self-reflection for everyone (and sometimes integration of external feedback) to see which is more prevalent for someone and what is missing. And most definitely no one should expect anyone else to read minds, because that cannot be done (in my beliefs anyway), but people learn to recognize repetitive patterns and we also tend to get desensitized to something that occurs too many times but without much true effect. Yet sometimes what does not seem like change to an external viewer is huge for someone else, as everyone's dynamic is at least a little different.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:30 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Some of you may find this helpful. This was the first time I have been given medication to ease withdrawals. I was given .5mg of xanax. It is POWERFUL. A full tablet was too much for me. I ended up splitting them in half to a .25 mg half tablet and that was manageable. I know we are all different, but I'm just sharing my experience.
Been there done that - you are still bargaining -- alcohol for a drug. You got lucky a doctor gave you Xanax - a lot won't. You are still in denial.
Dude - you have to sober -up - Your wife is going to leave you if this keeps going on. People get tired and can do better.
Jeff - you are in trouble. I can see it. I don't think you see how bad you are right now.
Put your ego aside and the - whatever - millions you made and lost and get yourself together.. You are going to lose Everything,
Old 04-30-2020, 01:36 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I greatly appreciate all the support I receive....its one reason I am here. The other being I try my best to be supportive of others.
Did I give you the impression I don't appreciate the support John?
Old 04-30-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows that plan building coming along Jeff?
D
Old 04-30-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

Human nature is a bit of a cop out, isn't it tho?.
I was serious when I said anyone who doesn't feel they get the attention they deserve can always throw me a PM for a one on one, John.
They can also start their own threads, or join an existing group thread.
Change starts with action, no matter how many years into recovery we are I think.
To me, it beats resentment hands down.
D
Old 04-30-2020, 05:52 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I greatly appreciate all the support I receive....its one reason I am here. The other being I try my best to be supportive of others.
Did I give you the impression I don't appreciate the support John?
Not at all Thomas. If you benefit from all the attention you have been giving helps you than thats great and I hope it keeps going. Its what you do with all that attention that makes the difference. I got a lot of attention for a while and used it to feed my addiction. Didn't know it at the time but the attention became its own addiction. One addiction fed on the other.if you take the advice you are given here thats different. But if you are just letting people know how bad off you are, then whats the point. Johnny
Old 04-30-2020, 06:00 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Human nature is a bit of a cop out, isn't it tho?.
I was serious when I said anyone who doesn't feel they get the attention they deserve can always throw me a PM for a one on one, John.
They can also start their own threads, or join an existing group thread.
Change starts with action, no matter how many years into recovery we are I think.
To me, it beats resentment hands down.
D
So you throw out human nature? Sadly the people that need the extra attention would be the last to ask for it. John