Notices

Back to day 5 but i did a good thing

Old 04-12-2020, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to day 5 but i did a good thing

Hey so I'm back to day 5 now i believe.. hope you guys aren't sick of me with the back and forth relapsing LOL I hate to be that person but I just want to keep trying every time so I don't go into a long binge.....
This time I must say I feel good about it and secure in my decision. After the other day of giving it yet again another try stupidly the next day I flushed my drugs and poured my booze and then I actually deleted my drug dealer number and he actually lives two blocks behind my house way too convenient so that has not been helping!

over the past two years I have deleted his number several times but there was always a way that when I went back into my call log I would find random numbers I would look at the last day and approximate time that I called him and I would find it and one time I even found it in the Google cloud of my backup numbers... Well this time I deleted my whole entire call log and my whole entire text log and all my backup numbers and I don't know anyone else who knows his number or knows where to get drugs.​​​

On my last stint of 59 days I never deleted his number or got rid of my booze because the way that I saw it if you're going to quit something you're going to quit something regardless if you have the ability to do it or not the way that I was thinking about it it was a cop out to just delete a number and then think that's going to solve all the problems but the reality is every time I try to quit on my sixth or seventh day I end up calling my dealer and then when I get high I like to drink. When I'm not high I don't even like to drink and I can only drink no more than two drinks and then I crave drugs and if I can't get drugs then I just stop drinking because it's too boring. All that to say drugs is the gateway to my drinking and it feels good not being able to get it (easily anyway)

I know a time will come when i may see him in passing or perhaps come into contact with someone who drinks or uses again and then that will be my test to say no... Hopefully by then i will be much stronger and be able to resist... Cop out or not it feels extremely freeing knowing i cant have a craving tomorrow and get instant delivery. To me the option is just gone.... Just getting over the initial anxiety and sleep issues. Usually after day 5 is when i start to feel more like myself.

Today i had a bad day and i would have made that call if i still had the number. It has passed now and i feel fine...

​I know that was long winded... Just glad to be here and that i jumped right back on the wagon after the other day. I plan to be active here daily, thanks for listening!
Old 04-12-2020, 04:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its great you keep trying rsanchez.

I'm glad you got rid of the booze and deleted the dealers number.

Its a good start.

How do you think you'll stay sober now? what is your plan?

D
Old 04-12-2020, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hmmm

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Its great you keep trying rsanchez.

I'm glad you got rid of the booze and deleted the dealers number.

Its a good start.

How do you think you'll stay sober now? what is your plan?

D
Well not having access is huge but not a fix all like i said... My elliptical came today so that's good my goal is 90 min spread out throughout the day... and ive been on a pretty strict regimine with my language learning so im trying to make myself a daily schedule... I do better when im busy and have goals... Post here daily too... Also have a close friend in the program she said we should check in daily with eachother.... Thats all i can think of for now
Old 04-12-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah that what I was getting at really - the best thing is to build and maintain a support network and use it whenever you might be thinking of doing something stupid.

D
Old 04-12-2020, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is great that you are staying here RSanchez and posting. Keep us posted. I think you really want it this time. Hang in there friend and get on that elliptical!! Slow and easy at first.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Samantha

Glad to see that you are still posting and trying.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks surrendered!

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
It is great that you are staying here RSanchez and posting. Keep us posted. I think you really want it this time. Hang in there friend and get on that elliptical!! Slow and easy at first.
Your support and Faith even motivates me more
Old 04-12-2020, 08:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks anxious

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Glad to see that you are still posting and trying.
Not Givin up!
Old 04-12-2020, 08:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done Rsanchez.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Each time we get back up and try, we grow and get closer to success. Sounds like you are indeed learning growing. Keep it up! 👍🏻💗
Old 04-12-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
p***enger

Rsanchez, I like your current plan. Keep doing whatever it takes to stay sober!
Old 04-13-2020, 05:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good plan-agree with courage

I have a list if three things to do when strong cravings hit
Drink water/ eat something

Do push-ups or take a short walk

Free write in a journal for ten minutes

Do all three, or however many until cravings pass.
It works
Old 04-13-2020, 05:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good going on 5 days. Actually 6 today? : Don't be alarmed if it takes a little longer this time. Every bender took me longer and longer to recover from.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that you are taking time to make a plan for your days. I think having a routine is important as we recover. Good on getting rid of the phone # and the alcohol.