Notices

So bored and craving

Old 04-05-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Al5

Hi everyone and thanks for the messages of support.

Had a horrible hangover as expected today, but got through it. You know, it's weird But I think I needed to get it out of my system. thosr drinks last night probably were a 2 out of 10 in terms of pleasure, whereas back in my dribking days it was always 10/10 because I was satisfying the craving... last night that feeling was light and muted so it was just nowhere near as *nice* as I was expecting.

I feel very strong coming out of the hangover today. I DO NOT want to drink tonight and am again commited to sobriety. 14 months bot down the pan, just a blip and one that was a great learning experience.

Not saying anyone should drink to find out, but for me at least I feel it was a positive outcome.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Mr

I agree that a relapse can be a learning experience AI5. OK you drank once in 14 months and it is indeed better than having drank those 14 months. Going into complete freefall. Now I'm not condoning relapse.
The very opposite. If you learn from this it serves something positive.

However if you stay drinking now or if you fall into the habit of relapsing often the learning experience disappears.

Hope you can move forward.
Take care.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Al5

Yes agree Vman. Actually tonight the thought of alcohol is more repulsive than ever before. It feels a shame to not be able to say I have 14 months solid sobriety, but also my mindset is that this is permenant so time behind me isn't as important as the time ahead.

I think for me the early days of sobriety relied on counting days, but after a while, it's a way of life to be sober and thats more important.