Notices

AwkwardKitty's Accountability Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Haven't posted for a few days, just wanted to let everyone know I'm still with you, 96 days and counting
I have moved on from the wobble I was having for a few days, and am so so glad I didn't give into the cravings.
Things are still hard, as they are for us all right now. My anxiety levels are high, I'm having frequent panic attacks, 3 weeks at home is taking its toll and I'm fatigued.
But I keep counting my blessings every day, there are many positive moments every single day and I'm managing to keep fairly busy.
I hope you all are staying positive and sober through this tough time.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

keep posting AK
you are not in this alone

doing well

support to you
Old 04-07-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there AK

You are doing great pushing through—
Old 04-07-2020, 04:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Must be near 100 now AK?

D
Old 04-07-2020, 07:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sending you hugs!
Old 04-08-2020, 09:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yep I'm still going, day 99!!
Old 04-08-2020, 09:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That's great - you're doing really well.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

For those who didn't catch my separate post yesterday,...
it was my 100th day yesterday!!

Today is 101. I'm starting this next chapter as I mean to go on. I had a decent nights sleep. I have a lot of plans for easter weekend - life can still be fun in lockdown.

Today, I have my favourite local cafe delivering a pancakes hamper for brunch with my family - ny tummy is rumbling in anticipation, I'm starving! All the restaurants are closed here so some local businesses are finding new ways to stay afloat, so I love supporting my local community (especially if it involves eating!)
Later we have movies to watch and some craft projects to do with my son. We are also making easter brownies later!
Tomorrow I have all the ingredients to make a full English breakfast for all of us. We are going to decorate the windows in the house to make a display for supporting our local medical and frontline workers.
Sunday I've organised an easter egg hunt for my son, I have lots of eggs and have made picture clues, and got him a few toys as surprises. I'm cooking a traditional easter Lamb roast and making chocolate cake and have loads of cheese and biscuits for the evening!
On Monday, we will do chores, watch movies, cook lasagne and get ready for the week ahead ( husband and I are working from home).
As you can see, my plans involve mainly eating haha.

Hope everyone else has a wonderful and sober easter weekend!
Old 04-10-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congrats on the hundo, AK!! An awesome milestone.

Sounds like you have a really awesome weekend planned. I also might look into getting brunch delivered!
Old 04-10-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
Congrats on the hundo, AK!! An awesome milestone.

Sounds like you have a really awesome weekend planned. I also might look into getting brunch delivered!
You totally should, it really made our day! And its important to support local businesses through these times as much as we can - obviously ones you trust for hygiene and who can do a non contact delivery. A little slice of normality
Old 04-10-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well done on 101 days sober! Great job.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:16 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Old 04-10-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Had a really productive day. I cleaned the kitchen which took hours but its so sparkly now. I made beed stroganoff for dinner and some Easter brownies with my son.

While I was cooking and cleaning, I had music on in the kitchen while my husband sat at the table chatting to me and having a craft beer. I was singing and dancing and generally having fun and started to get the craving thoughts. Listening to music and having fun with my hubby triggered it. I was telling my husband about it and it struck me I was craving a drink to have fun but I WAS ALREADY HAVING FUN. Drinking would have added zero to that situation, I was already busy and enjoying myself.

If Id have drunk in that situation, dinner probably would have been abandoned (I'd have put mine aside for later, so I could concentrate on drinking) and I would probably have ended up sitting with headphones on listening to music.

As it was, we ate dinner as a family listening to music, and had a nice time.

Life is seriously so much better without alcohol in it.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh guys, I'm really craving tonight.
My hubby had been enjoying a few craft beers, which is fine, it's his long weekend and he often has a few cans over the weekend.
However, last night he was quite tipsy and being silly, just on a different plane to myself and quite annoying. You know when drunk people arent as funny as they think they are.
We had a nice day today and he started drinking late afternoon, he had some quite high strength craft brews, and is quite tipsy now. Hes ever so slightly on the edge of aggressive, being quite snappy. we facetimed his whole family who were all drinking. I said to him I'm finding it really hard being sober when he is drunk. He got defensive. His response to that was 'well nobodys stopping you from drinking'
I said fine, I'll go get myself 10 beers then. He said ok. Im just putting my little boy to bed.
I think this is the closest I've felt to losing my sobriety for a while. Other times it feels like I might drink tomorrow, right now it feels like I might drink within the next hour. Like **** it, let me just be silly and pissed for one night, I can deal with a hangover for one day, I'll get right back on it.

Guys remind me it doesnt work like that, please.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:35 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It doesn't work like that. And every time we drink, we increase the risk of something bad happening as a result.

Don't give in. Don't! I've been sober over 10 yrs and never once have I woken up and thought, gee, I wish I had drank last night.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:04 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

let me just be silly and pissed for one night, I can deal with a hangover for one day, I'll get right back on it.
I made myself that promise in 2004 and didn't stop again until 2007

You can be silly and carefree sober AK - but you'll never find that out if you never give it a try

D
Old 04-12-2020, 02:27 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I worked through it. I had diet coke, tea, a lot of chocolate and made some easter bunting, decorating the house for my little one when he woke up.

So, it's a glorious day 103 for me. I've had a lovely breakfast with my family and am now about to hide all the easter eggs.

You're right, I am most definitely not thinking I wish I drank last night!

Happy Easter!!
Old 04-12-2020, 02:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great day AK

D
Old 04-17-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,
I've not checked in for a few days, so just wanted to let people know I'm still here and going strong.
Things are still tough here in the UK. We are on lockdown for at least another 3 weeks. I havent left my house for 5 weeks now. My husband and I are both working from home around caring for our little boy which is beyond stressful.
BUT there's lots of good things too. We are all safe and well, we are lucky to be able to work from home and not lose pay. We are lucky to have each other, I feel so much for those doing this alone. Ive notnfelt this close to my husband for a long time. We have had fantastic weekends, I plan lots and we keep busy and entertained (the weekdays are more anxiety inducing with work etc). I'm currently working from my phone lying on the sofa snuggled in a blanket with my son watching Up and afterwards we are going to make pancakes, just because we can. It's not all bad, not at all.
I seem to be ok in sober terms at the moment. I have the odd thought or temptation but the past few days no real temptation to drink or peak in the cravings. I think its day 108 for me now, so coming up for 4 months. I mean, I'm just thrilled with that. I've shown myself strength I never thought I had. The world feels like its ending yet here I am smiling, loving, grateful and sober.
Old 04-17-2020, 06:55 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

You are well into triple digits now AK! Great job!

I find it super-annoying also when hubs is drinking and I am not.
It gets easier, and if I really feel triggered I get away either via walk the dogs or reading.

It is great you are feeling close and enjoying your family