Notices

AwkwardKitty's Accountability Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 07:16 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It's my husbands birthday on Tuesday so this weekend would normally be a big night out. Because he cant have his night out, I've bought him a ticket to a cyber beer festival. He has had 12 craft beers delivered and on Saturday night there will be a live tasting session and content from all the small breweries between 6 and 10. I'm going to make gourmet burgers so he has the full festival experience, and have plans with my son for the evening so hubby can enjoy his festival, he is actually really excited about it. We have to be creative but we can find ways of having fun. Hubby is likely to be slightly tipsy on Saturday to say the least so after I've cooked his festival feast, me and my son will keep busy with other things. Having the beers in the house doesnt bother me as I dont drink those ones, it's more the being on a different level to my husband but I'm prepared for it!
On Tuesday which is his actual birthday, I've planned to cook a big breakfast and have got lots of gifts to spoil him.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That sounds really nice AK!

I of course, have to tell you to be careful with the alcohol in the house. I know it may seem easy, but you really do have to be careful. Make sure you have a solid plan (which it sounds like you have some of - with hanging out with your son, etc) so you can handle it if any thoughts to drink strike you.

I would recommend trying to remove the leftovers from the house, have people to call, come check in here, etc. I just don't want your sobriety to be shaken at all since you seem to be doing well. It can be done, but you need to proceed with utmost caution. You've dealt with cravings before so I know you can handle them, but idk, what would this sobriety forum be if I didn't tell you this.

Either way, I'm glad you're doing well and are finding ways to keep busy and have fun during the pandemic. Let us know how his birthday goes!
Old 04-21-2020, 05:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well!

Its 16 weeks sober today for me. I'm amazed, surprised and grateful to be sober. This whole thing could be so much harder and desperate with alcohol in my life.

It's my husbands birthday today. I've spoiled him with gifts and I'm m just about to do his cake and candles. Never too old for birthday cake, even at 41.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 16 weeks AK

D
Old 04-28-2020, 06:16 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone. Hope this finds everyone safe and well. I've just passed 17 weeks sober. Almost a third of a year!Sobriety is starting to feel more solid now I guess. It's definitely the new normal, I havent seriously considered drinking for a while.I havent been on here much as it seems to have changed how you view it on mobile and is a bit difficult to read and post.I do check in a bit though.My anxiety is bubbling under atm. I'm feeling low again and sleep is wrecked.I have this desire for everything to magically go back to normal along with this intense anxiety about everything going back to normal.Whatever happens though, I am 100% certain that I am giving myself the best possible chance by not drinking.