Notices

New Roads to tread for us all Weekenders 20 - 23 March 2020

Old 03-22-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

The Prophet is probably a good short book to re-read at this time to be fair Bim! Thanks for a reminder x

I got out for a walk and it was so refreshing, the weather here is beautiful, the birds are singing, the hills look fantastic and I am feeling relaxed for now. The cats are loving it as the door is open and they are going back and forth between the field out front and running into find me so they can meow at me and then run back out haha! Thinking of volunteering at the village shop as they are short staffed and it’s the only place a lot of older folks in the village can get to for food and supplies. It’s a community shop run by volunteers so feel I should do my part.

Today is a good day. Hope everyone is hanging on in there? x
Old 03-22-2020, 07:45 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Priceless.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:52 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Speaking of birds, Manta,
I've noticed the robins singing every morning, just before dawn,
and I've seen the most beautiful male cardinal frequenting my neighbour's shrubs.
Brilliant red and stately-looking.
There is also a very elusive red-crested woodpecker about.
More heard than seen.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:02 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Snuck onto some farmland for today's walk, it was much quieter, in the two hours I was out only saw a couple of other people. All good.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:44 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

What a lovely old tree. Yesterday I saw several trees (Douglas Firs and Cedars) that had to be over 300 years old. I know we've had "this old tree" talks in the thread before...spending time with these quiet, steady old souls is a good thing.

I just realized I haven't started my car in I don't know how many days. Hm, maybe I'll find a deserted road to walk.

We had some car prowls this week where some stuff was stolen from cars in our lot. I did go out and hide my hand sanitizer that I keep in the car!
Old 03-22-2020, 09:05 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

The wild dolphins of Bimini. Atlantic Spotted and Bottlenose are both in this 4 minute video. They are given no incentive to visit with humans, they are not fed or enticed in any way, they simply choose of their own free will, friendship, and huge spirits and curiosity to visit and interact with us. This video is several miles offshore near the Gulf Stream in the Atlantic Ocean where they hunt and then come to the shallows surrounding Bimini to rest midday. They know the excursion boats (and there are only a handful over many miles of ocean,) they could easily avoid us, but they don't.

This video explains my username.

It is the most profound experience of my life to have spent time with these gentle creatures. I hope you can exhale while watching this. Let go ...
Old 03-22-2020, 09:16 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Yes a lovely tree Bim.

Round here people keep stealing catalytic converters. In the last few days about 5 have been stolen.

Locally there a busy riding school has been forced to close, the horses and ponies are well looked after but also work very hard, particularly at weekends. Today they were all out in the fields enjoying the sunshine which was lovely to see. Domestic animals and wildlife are definitely benefiting from our enforced closures.

Beautiful dolphin video.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:23 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Awwwww... I hadn't seen this one...so sweet. Feb 2020.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:27 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Confused, did you change the first video?
Old 03-22-2020, 09:29 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

yeah, I liked the dog story better.

Here's the first one before I changed it, it has all that pretty chant-y music. That particular outfitter is very new-agey and into yoga and spirtuality...so this music and video is reflective of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old 03-22-2020, 09:30 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

As Mags has reminded us in her OP, we have new roads to tread. We are in many different positions when it comes to this pandemic. It affects each of us so differently but we are in this together. While its challenges are many, and its impact profound for many, this pandemic challenges us to be better human beings.

A Prayer in Times of Pandemic

May we who are merely inconvenienced
remember those whose lives are at stake.

May we have no risk factors
remember those who are most vulnerable.

May we who have the luxury of working from home
remember those who must choose between
preserving their health or making their rent.

May we who have the flexibility to care
for our children when their schools are closed
remember those who have no options.

May we who have to cancel their trips
remember those who have no place to go.

May we who are losing our margin money
in the tumult of the economic market,
remember those who have no margin at all.

May we who settle for a quarantine at home
Remember those who have no home.

As fear grips our country
let us choose love.

During this time when we cannot
physically wrap our arms around each other,
let us yet find ways to be the loving embrace
of God to our neighbors.

Amen

Author Unknown
Old 03-22-2020, 09:31 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Ha ha I put it on pause to watch the news then it was gone.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:32 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

The planet is definitely getting a break from us humans which can only be a good thing. I have not seen 1 white polluted trail of smoke from a plane in the sky for days, it’s usually littered with them. The general noise of people on the streets, loud music from bars, cars, trains and trams and factories etc I am sure is really noticeable for the wildlife too. No cruise ships and their deafening engine noise trawling the oceans dropping pollution and endangering marine life. Tourism at a halt globally. The planet is getting a chance to breathe for once. x
Old 03-22-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Kaily, that'll teach you to pause during meditation time!!
Old 03-22-2020, 12:38 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

As it's always been, my Home Port here of Sobriety - 'Weekenders' - is comforting to read in its own way. Coping has to occur, and so it is. These Times are a chance for Folks to shine, and they are.

Relatively, we have it sussed up here in the remoteness of MesaVille. I did 2 Days of Power Shopping and Errands in the 2 Towns nearby, and withdrew some Cash to stash in my Gun Safe. How various Social and Technological Systems are going to hold up - vs. crises created by Primal Brain'ed Human Behavior - are considerations I'm treating quite separately. Keen as I am on Serenity in Sobriety, my Nature is to acknowledge and address details. However sordid. Then, I can relax sans fretting. Stay informed via disciplined News intake. Only Int'l Sources. Take care of MesaMate and her Surgically-repaired Shoulder ~3 Weeks in. And, do the same for MesaDog as he recovers from an ACL tear. Pacing myself is the key to remaining effective in this Pandemic; an event unlike any other in my advanced Lifetime.

Colorado Businesses like Motels and Vacation Rentals are closed in the current State-wide Lock-down. Tourists are bipedal Petri Dishes. Banks, Grocery Stores, Liquor Stores, and Marijuana Dispensaries are among the 'Essential Businesses' allowed to remain open.

A prescient Song by Richard Thompson is linked below, along with a Pic of extinct Volcanoes that blew ~25 Million Years ago visible off our Patio just now. Kinda puts a relative Time Reference to all that's happening, as does reading up *some* on the 1918 Pandemic. Which was not a Flu...

'It's Deja Vu all over again' ~ Yogi Berra

~ 'Keep Your Distance' ~ Richard Thompson - Vega - Wainwright ~

Old 03-22-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Bimini, we see dolphins a lot when we go offshore in the gulf of Mexico. Sometimes they are bashful but sometimes they come around the boat and play. We've never had the nerve to get in with them.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:26 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hi friends,

Sunshine here in the UK today. I managed to get out for a solitary walk in the woods and cooked a nice meal for dinner with what remaining fresh veg I have in store.

It's Mothering Sunday here and having watched the Dutch flower auctions scrapping hundreds of tonnes of flowers on the news it seemed a bit of a shame. We organised a family video conference for the occasion though and had good crowd of family members join in to send their love to Mum. It has cheered everyone up no end.

A friend pointed out that Isaac Newton was at his most productive when sheltering at home from Cambridge University as the plague swept through. Maybe I'll take his example and learn a new skill or two over the next few weeks.

Thank you all for your posts. Loved the dolphins Bimini, good to hear tales of MesaVille, trees and country walks. The world hasn't come to an end just yet...

Anyway, best wishes to all. Forwards.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Love the positivity. s xx

....I really needed that. Thank you so much. ❤️
Old 03-22-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Mesa, what?

reading up *some* on the 1918 Pandemic. Which was not a Flu...
It was an H1N1 influenza. What do you mean?
Old 03-22-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Mr

Funny thing Mesa I'm rereading catching cold on the 1918 pandemic.

And btw Vincent Black Lightning, 1952 is one of my faves by RT.

Sean Rowes version is also pretty spectacular. You can feel the hot oil and grease.