Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Dancing in the rain this weekend - Weekenders 13 - 16 March 2020

Notices

Dancing in the rain this weekend - Weekenders 13 - 16 March 2020

Old 03-13-2020, 03:46 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 118

Hit 120 or 4 months this weekend.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 120days/4 months Mathmatics, that is a significant amount of sober time, things should be easier now.

There were far fewer people at Crazy Golf tonight, I suspect it will be that last visit for quite some time.

If this is your first or second sober weekend then the good news is that the really tough times, Friday and Saturday evenings, will not be tough for very long but the hangover free weekend mornings will be yours forever so hang in there
Old 03-13-2020, 07:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations Mathematics, 4 months is brilliant!

MesaMan, great news on losing 35 pound. Pleased all well with MesaMate, how’s MesaDog doing? Great photo, I like the idea of neighbours a mile away.

Bim, I hope you managed to get some groceries from the store ok.

Saou, I love the Lotus car. I think it’s timeless.

MantaLady, did you get to aa? Hope you’re feeling ok

I saw on tv that instead of shaking hands people are doing the Namaste sign or shoe tapping to another’s shoe in greetings. I can just imagine the kiddos doing the shoe tapping and making it into a sport.

Just woke up early so thought I’d have a look round SR. I was reading a book (novel), physcological thriller, where the female detective was an alcoholic.
She’d been sober 8 years but still yearned after a drink. I really think her recovery programme was wrong. In my experience I’ve found the further you get away from day 1, the easier it becomes.

Take care xx
Old 03-13-2020, 10:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 03-14-2020, 12:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Just woke up early so thought I’d have a look round SR. I was reading a book (novel), physcological thriller, where the female detective was an alcoholic.
She’d been sober 8 years but still yearned after a drink. I really think her recovery programme was wrong. In my experience I’ve found the further you get away from day 1, the easier it becomes.
Yes, eight years sober means you are unlikely to be desperate for a drink. After 5 and a quarter years I never crave the stuff. Once in a while I will have a brief vision of myself enjoying a drink but that's about it. I expect it is a narrative device to make the detective more human.

Cold and wet this morning but that didn't stop someone who I have never seen before from hurling abuse. Under the influence or mental health issues I expect.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:19 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Saturday evening here.
I unexpectedly ended up working all day and am shattered.
Ready for an early sober Saturday night and no work tomorrow
Old 03-14-2020, 01:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Mags, Sao and fellow weekenders

Love the theme this weekend, Mags.
I believe wholeheartedly that we should try to not to let uncontrolled fear drive our lives. These are scary times but we can still dance in the downpour.

Be well all.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders!
I will be self isolating on my kayak today I will check and later stay well
Old 03-14-2020, 04:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders!

Count me in for the weekend and all week too.

I love the op, Mags. So true and so inspiring.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders!

I'm having a very quiet day here. Saturday is my day for watching football on TV but all the matches have been put on hold at the moment. So instead I'm listening to the radio and the programme I'm listening to at the moment is counting down the UK top 20 of this week in 1979. Hearing these songs takes me back to being at school! Yikes at March 1979 being 41 years ago though...

Hope everyone is doing fine.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening/peaceful night, all.

Great posts, all. Wish I had time to respond.

My friend’s ventilator removal and trach procedure went well. She is gradually regaining responsiveness. On Thursday, she turned her head in the direction of voices. Yesterday, she opened her eyes briefly and tried to lift her arm. She is on 45% oxygen and has a very long road ahead. Thanks to all of you for your prayers; they are truly appreciated. When I finally get to see her, I will tell her of all the wonderful people here from around the world who prayed for her. I believe that she is one of us; perhaps and hopefully, sobriety will be a part of her future and she will know the goodness we have found.

So much love to all.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey, Mags ~

The inimitable MesaDog is getting with the Weekender Rain Theme. When the quickie Storm that just rolled out first rolled in at *0 Dark Thirty*, the Lightning and loud Thunder - with no time delay - had him in a tizzy. Really boomin' up here for a while. Even the next Day, as seen below, he grabbed one of my Slip-Ons for a little security.

We've delayed his ACL Surgery while we sort out Human Post-Surgery needs in this Viral World. He uses his injured Back Leg now pretty consistently, and there's a Brace I'm considering that might serve as an interim strategy. For now, he seems pretty happy at his ripe ole age of ~11.5 Years. I'll do as well when I'm that old in Dog Years, eh?

Speaking of the Musical Wayback Machine, here's the Woodstock Rain Chant from - oh - >50 Years ago that precedes a blistering version of Soul Sacrifice by Santana. To this Day, the Drum Solo from a 20 Year-old Michael Shrieve is still legendary. Music starts at Time Marker 2:50.

~ Rain Chant -> Soul Sacrifice ~ Santana ~ Live @ Woodstock ~

Friday Night's history, so sober on, Troopz. It does get easier...

Old 03-14-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Mr

What's all this talk about a virus..?
Did I miss something 🐸🐸🐸
Joke.

My daughters school is now closed.

Anyone with weak chest or susceptible to asthma or bronchitis or any type of lung fragility - Take EXTRA care.

My ma falls into this category, she has an inhaler for every colour in the rainbow.

Well I hope the weekenders are well.

Vman
Old 03-14-2020, 08:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

What country you in vman? For the school to be shut
Old 03-14-2020, 09:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Mr

Frogland
Aka France
Old 03-14-2020, 10:01 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Good morning/evening/peaceful night, all.

Great posts, all. Wish I had time to respond.

My friend’s ventilator removal and trach procedure went well. She is gradually regaining responsiveness. On Thursday, she turned her head in the direction of voices. Yesterday, she opened her eyes briefly and tried to lift her arm. She is on 45% oxygen and has a very long road ahead. Thanks to all of you for your prayers; they are truly appreciated. When I finally get to see her, I will tell her of all the wonderful people here from around the world who prayed for her. I believe that she is one of us; perhaps and hopefully, sobriety will be a part of her future and she will know the goodness we have found.

So much love to all.
That's wonderful news love. s ❤️

..................I really want to cuddle Mesa dog. ❤️
Old 03-14-2020, 10:24 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks, Suze. I want to hug MesaDog, too. What a gorgeous and sweet-looking dog.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:07 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good to hear your news Leigh xx

I didn’t make the AA meeting, could try and justify or bull****my reasons but I just chose to walk past and not go in. Gonna try again next week.

Got some good news yesterday that my bosses boss has off his own back applied for an uplift in my salary as he thinks I am not being paid enough for the work so am doing. My boss was as shocked as I am but it’s nice to feel appreciated.

Looks like both the boys have this Haws Syndrome now, Alfie the older kitty seems to have his 3rd eyelid protruding a bit and whilst Max’s seems a tiny bit better be still has it. Vet says not much I can do and just have to hope it goes away in 6-8 weeks. My mum was due to fly to Spain but tomorrow but didn’t feel too good so cancelled the flight last night, woke up to news reports that the airline she had booked with turned all their flights bound for Spain back to the UK mid air this morning. Good job she cancelled. She’s 67 and whilst that is not old she is classed as high risk for this virus so selfishly I am glad she is not going.

Done nothing today, just watched TV and chilled. Like to think it will be dry tomorrow so I can get out for a bit but we’ll see.

Take care everyone xx
Old 03-14-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Mr

In this time of crisis dont forget the essentials.
How's everyone doing today ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cca.jpg (27.9 KB, 42 views)
Old 03-14-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Mr

Congratulations for the raise in salary Manta.
Things are looking good work wise so...