Notices

7 Days Alcohol Free!

Old 03-06-2020, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 Days Alcohol Free!

Hi everyone

So here we are at day 7...

I cant lie, it has been a very long week but not so much in a negative way...I've had time to think, research, attend online meetings, attend GP appointments, attend a social group, help family out, check out SR regularly and to basically just get back to some normality.

As previously stated I am beyond grateful for all the people who have reached out and offered their support - SR has been a big part of my ability to focus this week!

This week has also been quite testing due to stresses around my own health, sister and unborn baby's health and also having one of our dogs in the vets - these would have all been a reason to drink before but thankfully I just haven't had that urge and im so determined not to fall back into that vicious circle of finding excuses to be destructive no matter how small or indeed big the issue may be.

My withdrawals never escalated to dangerous levels which I am also grateful for and I do believe its what's giving me the strength to keep going - Also the curiosity of getting to know a sober Steph. I've only tried to stop drinking once before and It weren't for long enough to see any real changes.

Insomnia still sucks!!

Going forward this week I'm going to focus on gratitude, mindfulness, future goal setting, physical fitness and also nutrition

I hope everyone is doing well and managing to achieve anything they have set their minds to. Really looking forward to continuing my journey with the SR family and continuing to get to know everyone.

Stay focused
Old 03-06-2020, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Embrace this moment, Steph, nicely done. Think about what's going on in your body right now and keep this feeling in mind!

Love your spirit, keep it up! Congratulations!
Old 03-06-2020, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steph1h2 View Post
Hi everyone

So here we are at day 7...

I cant lie, it has been a very long week but not so much in a negative way...I've had time to think, research, attend online meetings, attend GP appointments, attend a social group, help family out, check out SR regularly and to basically just get back to some normality.

As previously stated I am beyond grateful for all the people who have reached out and offered their support - SR has been a big part of my ability to focus this week!

This week has also been quite testing due to stresses around my own health, sister and unborn baby's health and also having one of our dogs in the vets - these would have all been a reason to drink before but thankfully I just haven't had that urge and im so determined not to fall back into that vicious circle of finding excuses to be destructive no matter how small or indeed big the issue may be.

My withdrawals never escalated to dangerous levels which I am also grateful for and I do believe its what's giving me the strength to keep going - Also the curiosity of getting to know a sober Steph. I've only tried to stop drinking once before and It weren't for long enough to see any real changes.

Insomnia still sucks!!

Going forward this week I'm going to focus on gratitude, mindfulness, future goal setting, physical fitness and also nutrition

I hope everyone is doing well and managing to achieve anything they have set their minds to. Really looking forward to continuing my journey with the SR family and continuing to get to know everyone.

Stay focused
That's awesome, 7 days seems like a milestone 👌😊 it is day 5 for me and like you I'm trying put some focus on things like nutrition which will hopefully contribute to a new healthier me, alcohol free!
Have a fabulous weekend you're doing great ❤️
Old 03-06-2020, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Steph, it really sounds like you're committed to your sobriety and have good measures so far to help you stay sober.

Things will probably get harder before they get easier regarding emotions and all that stuff, so just be prepared. You can get through it though!

Congrats on a full week sober! Looking forward for you to check in with a month update.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice job on your first week!

Keep working your plan, and don't be afraid to add new components to it. Early in sobriety I spent a bunch of money on Amazon buying books about alcoholism and recovery. I usually read just before I went to bed and that helped with insomnia.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, Ravel!
Definitely embracing the moment and just taking things as slow and steady as needed. I'm happy and content with things exactly as they are for the time being - no rush ☺
Old 03-06-2020, 07:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Billy!

Its definitely a milestone and I cant wait to hear about your first week! You're doing great - hoping the first few days hasnt been too rough for you?
Nutrition is a great thing to focus on, I've also been working out and I've found it has helped quite a lot with feeling accomplished and content when trying to wind down of an evening especially...
I hope you have a great weekend - Stay focused ❤
Old 03-06-2020, 07:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
Steph, it really sounds like you're committed to your sobriety and have good measures so far to help you stay sober.

Things will probably get harder before they get easier regarding emotions and all that stuff, so just be prepared. You can get through it though!

Congrats on a full week sober! Looking forward for you to check in with a month update.
Thank you, dpac 😊

I agree, I'm taking nothing for granted, especially the way I feel atm everything considered - I'm currently looking at some HOV and VACI work to do which I think will help during difficult times! Is there anything else you recommend?
Old 03-06-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations to both Steph and Billy!!
Old 03-06-2020, 08:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
Nice job on your first week!

Keep working your plan, and don't be afraid to add new components to it. Early in sobriety I spent a bunch of money on Amazon buying books about alcoholism and recovery. I usually read just before I went to bed and that helped with insomnia.
Thank you, Zebra!

Absolutely! I've a few things to work on which will help me stay focused and I'm always open to ideas about different tools that may help!
I've been reading a lot online in regards to alcoholism and recovery but havent bought any books as of yet.
I do already have a few recommended books though including the joy of being sober, and how to be human - Have you read either of these? 😊

I think Im just struggling with sleep as well because I'm not working atm so it can be difficult trying to tire myself out - Currently trying to work on my routines though and finding a bit more structure 🤞
Old 03-06-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
Thank you!
How are you getting on?? 😊
Old 03-06-2020, 08:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well done on a week sober!
Old 03-06-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reid82 View Post
Well done on a week sober!
Thank you, Reid! I hope you're well 😊
Old 03-06-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
Thanks HeadEast 😊 feeling positive
Old 03-06-2020, 11:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Nice work! Congratulations!
Old 03-06-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaisyBelle7 View Post
Nice work! Congratulations!
Thanks so much DaisyBelle ☺
Old 03-06-2020, 02:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Congratulations on being committed to getting sober. Lots of factors determine how long certain things will last, age, amount you usually drank ect. One thing I am sure of is you never feel better if you start drinking again.

I bought a bunch of lego sets when I was in early recovery to keep my mind active.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

A good share, Steph. Well done.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on one week Steph = the first of many

D
Old 03-07-2020, 03:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you, SVA!

Absolutely agree! Im feeling very grateful and lucky to be where I am right now 😊
Lego is a great idea! I love any distraction but practical distractions even more so!