Notices

Feeling a bit low..

Old 03-05-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Old 03-05-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AwkwardKitty View Post
I've never heard of pink cloud before, looking it up I think you could be right! The first month the depression was big, the second month I felt close to euphoric at times (even used that exact word on here)...the thrill of doing stuff sober is a real novelty! I was coping so well with work stress (which is ridiculous at the moment), and have just crashed which was so disappointing.
My pink cloud lasted maybe 6 months, but gradually diminished, so I never crashed. I've said before that I think maybe I'm still on the cloud, but have adjusted to it as a new normal. I think it might be the case, because it feels like it's still there, but I'm not euphoric anymore, just grateful to be sober. Even during an occasional bad day, I'm always grateful to be sober. Problems still come up. Sobriety fixes the drunk in you, it helps with other things, but fixing that other stuff, still requires effort and thought.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
My pink cloud lasted maybe 6 months, but gradually diminished, so I never crashed. I've said before that I think maybe I'm still on the cloud, but have adjusted to it as a new normal. I think it might be the case, because it feels like it's still there, but I'm not euphoric anymore, just grateful to be sober. Even during an occasional bad day, I'm always grateful to be sober. Problems still come up. Sobriety fixes the drunk in you, it helps with other things, but fixing that other stuff, still requires effort and thought.
I think my mental health is so up and down anyway, I do go through extreme highs and lows so it's silly of me to expect that would change all of a sudden.

I think I thought if we fix one problem it will fix all the problems. Alcohol was the big glaring dark cloud in my life, I guess. Anyway it's a journey and I'm only at the start (just starting day 66 now).

I remain grateful to be sober though. I wish I felt better right now but I do know I could be feeling a hell of a lot worse. I will continue on my path whatever it brings!
Old 03-05-2020, 07:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi AK, I’m on day 58, and can relate.
I had a fabulous pink cloud for about 5 or 6 weeks, everything looked bright and happy. I then had a fairly dramatic mood shift. I became quite irritable, impatient and generally discontent.
I knew the pink cloud wouldn’t last forever, and I think that made it easier to accept the change.
My moods come and go and I still have plenty of happy time so that helps. I hope this will be true for you too.
I have a strong support program in place, which definitely helps too.
What I know 1000 per cent for sure, for me, is that drinking would make everything catastrophically worse.
Check in here often, there is so much support here in getting through the roller coaster of recovery.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunnyday13 View Post
Hi AK, I’m on day 58, and can relate.
I had a fabulous pink cloud for about 5 or 6 weeks, everything looked bright and happy. I then had a fairly dramatic mood shift. I became quite irritable, impatient and generally discontent.
I knew the pink cloud wouldn’t last forever, and I think that made it easier to accept the change.
My moods come and go and I still have plenty of happy time so that helps. I hope this will be true for you too.
I have a strong support program in place, which definitely helps too.
What I know 1000 per cent for sure, for me, is that drinking would make everything catastrophically worse.
Check in here often, there is so much support here in getting through the roller coaster of recovery.
thanks for your insight, theres so much to learn from here and I will keep posting for sure!