Notices

just checked in to see what condition my condition was in...

Old 02-02-2020, 08:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Coz

On'ya jaimier.
I so get that the first few days of quitting are anything but fun. From someone here on day 4, the first few days are very fresh in my mind. On a positive note, day 4 is heaps better, so there is a little light if you can struggle for just a little bit longer.
Keep reading on this site and post whenever you need a distraction - the blurting out the horror does seem to help!
Hang in there, and if things do get to scary, worth heading to the hospital for some immediate relief,
Thoughts are with you!
Old 02-02-2020, 09:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaimier View Post
I am going to take whatever steps are necessary to fight this disease. I haven't had anything to drink for a few hours now, and I just need to get through this withdrawal. I really hate this part. I don't want to return to the hospital, so hopefully that won't be necessary this time.

And I do feel that I am very spiritually sick, and I am not going to be able to do this alone. I believe I'll return to AA meetings and perhaps see a professional therapist.

It really is baffling that I ended up in this mess again. It makes no sense. And I really really hate the withdrawal. It is so painful. But I feel that spiritual growth awaits on the other side of it, so here I go.
Best news I've read today.

Ill take a guess at what happened.

You got the trifecta ?

New higher power (wife), great new job, great new house ?
Old 02-02-2020, 09:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a great start Jaimier

D
Old 02-02-2020, 09:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The thing about the beast is that it doesn’t discriminate. It wants us all dead.
My brother got drunk in Thailand this new year after 6or7 years sober . After a month of not being able to stop he is right back where he left off. Drunk driving, falling out with family making death threats to me and my sister for trying to steal his inheritance ( paranoid), telling lie after lie to himself and others around.

I think our only chance at life is to get a good plan together and get all the help and support we can to stay sober.

Take care and don’t give up it can be done.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to read about your brother Snowy - I hope he makes it back, man.

D
Old 02-02-2020, 09:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm really sorry to read about your brother Snowy - I hope he makes it back, man.

D
Thanks Dee
He’s in a bad place.
I gave him a talking to and he says he is done with the stuff and he will never never never drink again.
Fingers crossed.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm am also sorry about your brother, Snowy. Thailand is without a doubt the worst trigger in the world. I live there off and on. I sincerely hopes he gets it together.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
I'm am also sorry about your brother, Snowy. Thailand is without a doubt the worst trigger in the world. I live there off and on. I sincerely hopes he gets it together.
Thanks headEast
I don’t think he’s too far away from being sectioned.
Or he may be getting dementia. The stories he tells then forgets he’s told them and expects you to believe something he already admitted to lying about.
He threatened to top himself before.

I can’t save him, I tried most my life.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you. I too am in a leadership position at work. Often times this has been my excuse for continuing to drink. "Obviously I'm in control of myself if I can manage others...in fact I deserve to be able to drink." I bet almost everyone person that's commented on this thread can relate to the fact that what people see of us on the outside has been carefully constructed during our many years of drinking and hiding within ourselves.

Alcohol doesn't care what car we drive, what our position is, if we wear a rolex or use a sundial. Keep coming here. I'm early in my recovery as well but it has been a great release. Something about committing to the 24 hours in the daily recovery thread has been great for me. I recommend it.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things Jamier?
Old 02-04-2020, 05:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking. I'm at the 2 day, 3 hour mark without alcohol.

Thank God I had six 25MG Librium left over from my last detox in the ER. Even with that, I was hearing music that wasn't there and jumping at shadows. I didn't sleep at all on Sunday, even with the benzos. Heart arrhythmia, anxiety...

I was able to get some sleep on Monday, but woke up several times with the sheets soaking wet from sweat.

But today I felt like I was leaving the medical emergency danger zone.

I'm out of the benzos and my heart is still racing, and I feel irritable. There's a strange sensitivity to my skin and my voice feels weak. Anyone that's been through this probably knows what I mean. I'm going to be OK this time, but still looking forward to day 4 or 5.

Several empty bottles of Woodford Reserve littered my home office. I was waking up at 5 to 6 AM, taking several strong pulls of whiskey, then crawling back in bed. Waking again around 9 to 10AM, and start swigging. The face of the clock had nothing to do with when I drank, it was just putting off withdrawal with irrational insanity in between pulls from the bottle.

Overly enthusiast joking, arguments over things I didn't remember, stumbling, driving, faking, staring blankly when I was alone, crying.

A week ago there was a drink offered to me at a formal social function. And beyond all reason, and beyond all sanity, this little voice in my head said, "do it, drink like a gentleman." Well, I am indeed a gentleman, am I not? And then it was off to the races! Within 7 days I was facing a nasty very undignified detox.

Of course, outside my family, this forum, and a very close friend, it was a simple unexpected bout of the flu.

"All the world's a stage, and all the men merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages."
Old 02-04-2020, 05:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

2 days is a good start Jamier

D
Old 02-04-2020, 05:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Coz

You are doing well Jamier! Another couple of days and the worst of the yuck bits will be over. Stay strong and make this the last time you have to go through this again.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:13 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Keep it rolling, jaimier! You know you can beat alcohol. You did it once for many years, right?
Stay strong!
Old 02-05-2020, 02:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good Luck Jaimier! One day at a time