Notices

Class of February 2020 Support Thread Pt 1

Old 02-20-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Day 7 today for me.

It's been another day where I've kept myself busy and as a result the time has flown by. I usually give my house a spring clean every year in March, giving one room a week a proper top to bottom clean. I decided to start today on one room and so am already a couple of weeks ahead of schedule!
Old 02-20-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on a week Robbie

D
Old 02-20-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week Robbie! And ten days, hopingwishing!
I was so grateful to make it home tonight. I had to drive through pouring rain on the streets and highways of Atlanta. OMG, what a nightmare! I was tempted at the grocery store. It's just par for the course for me, right after work I get cravings. I decided to come home and then if I decided to go back out and get booze I would. I don't want to now. I did get snacks. (:
Need to get fed and rested and will be back later.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hoping, Congrats on 10!
Robbie, You’ve motivated me. need to begin spring cleaning room by room. It’s so hard to keep up with my house work. Well done at a week!

Hi Karen, Glad you made it home safe and sober.

Tink, hope you got through day 1 ok.

I had a nice day. Getting ready for my boys to have their classmates over tomorrow night. Should be crazy, but fun.

See you tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:53 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi yes got through day 1 so full of depression and anxiety but I'm sober again and on day 2. Going to try do some housework then take little one to cinema.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:45 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

That sounds fun, Tink! I'm so glad you made it through to day 2.
I have a cold. I want to call out, but I have to go in. I may leave early, though.
Happy Sober Day to everyone!
Old 02-21-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Good, Tink...back on track. Hope the depression lifts quickly.

Karen, take care of yourself.

Entering day 19. I was off a day yesterday. Still amazed to be back with the living. Busy day ahead. I’ll be back tonight. Let’s stay sober through the weekend.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:30 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Healing love Tink and Karen, and have a wonderful day dear Jewel. And love for you too. s ❤️

And HW and Robbie and everyone I missed.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:50 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
I adore the book "The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober". It is awesome, I'm reading it again now. It may be an extra help for you letsdance because she did end up in jail more than once and has survived and flourished in spite of it. But it's way more about recovery than about drinking. And it talks about building a recovery plan and a sober 'tribe'. Both things I need to work on immediately.
I've mentioned, too, that I'm so into Eckhart Tolle and especially "The Power of Now". Some people don't like it though, so I don't know if I should recommend the book. Maybe watch some of his Youtube talks and see what you think. To me, it's life changing. To some, it's gobbledygook.
I had a very long and busy day but I was here all day, so it made it easier. Tomorrow I have to drive to Marietta, over 2 hours away, for a meeting. And, it's supposed to be icy roads. If the roads are icy, I won't go.
You're way of dealing with the dinner out was truly inspiring, hopingwishing. If I have to do a dinner, I will remember that and try to do the same.
Hugs to all!
Definitely going to look up that book. Sounds like A good one for me to read. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:58 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Well Yesterday was court. I was so scared. I am a highly anxious person to begin with so I was totally out of my comfort zone. I arrived and just felt so lost. It seemed like no one was helpful. Finally found the court room. Sat in the room for ever and saw everyone else getting sentenced for their crimes. Wow that was so scary. I am so nervous. The judge was very cut and dry as i guess i expected. I dont expect sympathy but they really throw the book at me. I have to serve 48 hours in jail, less the 8 i already spent the night i got arrested, I am on probation for 11 months 29 days. I am losing my license for a year and i may have to get an interlock in my car if i can get a restricted license. This is hurting everyone in my family. My son, my husband etc. I am very depressed right now. I am terrified of jail. Im really at a loss here. I have so much more to write but my mind is shot right now. I don't even have the desire to drink at all. Even seeing alcohol ads right now **** me off.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Back on day zero guys. Don’t need to say anything else really. Poured the drink away. Am disgusted with myself
Old 02-21-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-2-a.html

D