Notices

Conor McGregor's alcohol denial

Old 01-17-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I did think there might have been something up when he got his booze business up and running, then the next 2 pre-match things he did after that looked more like staged WWE than UFC.

​I've always had a soft spot for the guy, maybe it was a "kindred spirit" sense.

Hope he gets it sorted.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am from Dublin and I have to say he is not at all popular here due to his out of control ego. The incident with the old man in the pub particularly left a sour taste in the mouth.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Between the alcohol, steroids and punches to the head, I suggest he enjoys his earnings now, because I see an institution in his future.

Its just a question of which one.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I can sympathize with him as far as acting out of character after too much too drink. I can become belligerent and aggressive from a perceived slight. If you watch Conor's early interviews before he was a household name, he is very soft-spoken and humble. That being said, I am going to watch the fight tonight on PPV and cheer him on.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm not going to judge and/or waste my time with an opinion on him or anything like that. I prefer not to usually when it comes to other people who may or may not have a drinking problem in their life. If it is a problem it will show in the long run or he'll quit in time. All I can say about this personally. Not going to talk about his personal life. Prefer not to do that as people have their own problems and I don't want to get into other peoples problems (IDK if it is one).

I quit drinking myself because I didn't want alcohol in the long run. Before it becomes a problem for me personally as I was drinking a bit much at times. I just think it's better to not drink personally and to quit completely.

Just my opinion that it's best to quit drinking overall even if it's not a problem. That's just my opinion on this matter. That quitting alcohol overall is for the best in the long run even if you don't have problems with it yet or only have slight problems (developing over the years).