Notices

Sometimes, I just don't want to do this anymore.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Jen,

I felt this exact same way. the hardest time for me was between 2 and 4 months. Getting sober was also my idea. No one else pushed me to get sober, which I think made it more difficult.

I remember sometimes I would get off work on a Friday and I would be so mad at myself. I would think "why did I try this dumb sober idea? Why did I ever sign up for SR and the November 2018 class? Why did I ever start attending addiction therapy? I should have never done any of these things, because now I'm held accountable. Otherwise, I could go get drunk right now."

I didn't have these thoughts all the time, just sometimes. Friday after work were the worst. i know everyone is different but it took me 6 months to be fully recovered from alcohol.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How’s it going Jen?
Old 01-10-2020, 08:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I understand how you feel. I'm starting over for the millionth time. This is day 10 and day 10 always sucks for me.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WaterOx View Post
I understand how you feel. I'm starting over for the millionth time. This is day 10 and day 10 always sucks for me.
You’re in double digits, that is a good place to be, keep up the great work WaterOx.