Notices

Class of January 2020

Old 01-01-2020, 05:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Great to have you here Silversky
Old 01-01-2020, 05:48 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silversky View Post
Early days. Not wishing to count other than entering this year sober and staying that way. Also had a rough 2019 with a relapse after 19 months sober. Very hard to get back to abstinence but feeling like if I blow it this year, this month, this DAY, I won't get another chance. Have gone to meetings in the past so am open to that. Glad to be here. Feeling pretty emotional right now. I know it gets better.
My last name is Silver. Your username calls out to me with with hope and promise.....lovely to meet you and welcome. s xx ❤️
Old 01-01-2020, 06:15 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by sobermafia View Post
I had a streak of 9 dry months last year, but broke it in February 2019 and have been binge drinking heavily most of the year. I have struggled with drinking on and off for years. I’m scared and I want to stop. Today is day 1.
9 months is a phenomenal accomplishment for such a one as you or I. Welcome, sobermafia. I'm glad you're committed to making a new start.

Scared is an excellent motivator, but unfortunately, we tend to forget in unfortunately short order.

If you spend a lot of time with us here on SR - I hope you do - you'll find lots of ideas to help with finding lasting motivation and tools to achieve your goal.

O
Old 01-01-2020, 06:19 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by ALBAdrunk View Post
Day 1 complete.

Been a while since I logged in here, and it's been boozy years.
Welcome back, ALBA!
I've been hanging around here a bit, too. As long as we keep trying, there is still hope.

I heard a great thing at a meeting last night that went something like this:
Do you believe that I believe?
Then I believe you can believe.

I believe you can leave the boozy years behind because I believe it for myself.

O
Old 01-01-2020, 09:01 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

day 4
Old 01-02-2020, 12:28 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Slept like a log. That’s unusual for me so early on in drying out but I think my body needed it. First night in a while I haven’t woken up a couple of times for the loo. History tells me this won’t be repeated everyday but it’s lush waking up like this

Got an easy day today, probably won’t go out much except for maybe a swim: I hate swimming but it’s the only exercise I can do at the moment. I hate getting in, if I could start ‘in’ it would be alright ! That could well be a metaphor for something but I don’t know what 😂
Old 01-02-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 4 erratic

D
Old 01-02-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi January friends...

Day 3 for me...I'm trying to catch up on posts but my head is so foggy I can't keep anything sorted in my mind. But I can say I'm happy with 2020 so far.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:31 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done Patterson

D
Old 01-02-2020, 01:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!

Old 01-02-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Still watching True blood vampire shop. Season 4 episode 6. I haven't left the house. But I am sober!
Old 01-02-2020, 04:04 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Still watching True blood vampire show. Season 4 episode 6. I haven't left the house. But I am sober!
Old 01-02-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good Morning Friends. Entering day 2 today, and thinking of you all as well. I'm trying to not get too far ahead of myself, and just focus on each day.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Waking to Day 3. I'm relieved to finally be here. Have been eyeing this New Year, 2020, as pretty momentous and time for a clean slate.

I'm looking forward to more (any) stability this year. Last year was so chaotic. I moved, changed jobs, got an auto-immune diagnosis and "decided" to relapse. Yes, I felt so depressed it seemed like a good idea to drink for a "little while" until things got sorted out. Ha. (That was a 10-month binge essentially.)

I have never wanted a year to be over so much. I am really glad to be here and feel a sense of hope with you all.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:54 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Still watching True blood vampire shop. Season 4 episode 6. I haven't left the house. But I am sober!
I was devastated when I finished the whole thing....I wanted MORE!!!

Have you seen The Affair TV show?
suki (he he) is in it....I adore Anna Paquin....not until the 5th series....anyway.....fantastic show that I didn't watch for years because of the title....it is misleading. It is a brilliant show.

Love to all of you in early days....every single day is going to be better. s ❤️
Old 01-02-2020, 06:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silversky View Post
Waking to Day 3. I'm relieved to finally be here. Have been eyeing this New Year, 2020, as pretty momentous and time for a clean slate.

I'm looking forward to more (any) stability this year. Last year was so chaotic. I moved, changed jobs, got an auto-immune diagnosis and "decided" to relapse. Yes, I felt so depressed it seemed like a good idea to drink for a "little while" until things got sorted out. Ha. (That was a 10-month binge essentially.)

I have never wanted a year to be over so much. I am really glad to be here and feel a sense of hope with you all.
Massive hugs for you love. s

I have autoimmune stuff....it runs in my family big time. Life-threatening illnesses. Just empathising.....and sending you love and support. s ❤️
Old 01-02-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good Morning, day 7 here. I had vivd, crazy dreams last night. But I guess that is better than the nightly 2 am wake up with a pounding head and worry. The kids and husband all have plans today and I am looking forward to a quiet day. I started Drinking: A Love Story, by Caroline Knapp last night and I look forward to reading it. Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I have that here to read.

So I am going to be singing Rod Stewart in my head every time I see you love....guessing you like the song. How about some music? xx

I love this song....I saw him live a thousand years ago.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:58 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Venuscat, I think I'm in love with Sookie too....haha
Old 01-02-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Ohhhh yes, it's Sookie.
And don't you just LOVE that they fell in love during the show and got married and are still married and have kidlets now.