Notices

Tingling in Hands and Feet

Old 12-30-2019, 10:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

GG7, my dentist replaced the two worst fillings first and the change was pretty fast. Maybe a week or two? I don't remember exactly but it was fast.

The decay of my fillings was very easy to see in a photo the dentist took of my teeth. The teeth without bad fillings looked white. The others had a very obvious, visible gray area around the fillings.

Getting all seven replaced took months. Some were worse than others and like I said above, before they were all done some literally fell apart in my mouth. I expect the bad ones leaked metals into my system for a long time.

This all took place maybe five years ago and the awful symptoms have not returned.

I had the dizziness and tingling even in bed, when I tried to sleep. It was so creepy and depressing.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

One more thing, GG7 - I just read that you do have decades-old amalgam fillings. Even if they are intact now, after my experience I'd really encourage you (and anyone who has them, for that matter) to get them replaced.

The holistic doctor was the only one of the many doctors I saw who thought to order the urine test that tested for metals.

Best of luck to you.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
GG7

@53500 question about the filling’s again

Hi @53500, so far I’m still experiencing the tingling. I had the two crowns done but only one tooth had a small amount of amalgam. The other teeth where there’s a lot more amalgam, I don’t have an appointment to fix until next week. Sort of disappointed the Dentist couldn’t get me in sooner. I started having really dry mouth two weeks ago, but it’s only at night when I’m asleep. I mean very dry, I have to wake up and drink water all during the night. Wondering if you experienced this as well before removing the amalgam? Trying to see if it could be dental related? Thanks!
Old 01-16-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I also assumed it to be peripheral neuropathy. It went away for me when I quit drinking a few years ago. It restarted after my relapse last year. Currently better after quitting again. Another reason to stay quit.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
GG7

@silversky

Thanks for your reply. Did you have tingling in your face as well? Mine started in hands, then feet, now for the past week or so also face. Wondering how long it took for it to go away? I’ve had 3 drinks in almost two months and it was 3 glasses of wine around Christmas.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

This may or may not be related to drinking. It also may or may not be related to fillings in your teeth. As stated in my first reply to you almost a month ago, I highly recommend you see your doctor for a referral to a neurologist, especially now that it has progressed to your face.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
GG7

@suki448883 thanks for the feedback I am covering all bases. Just left the doctor actually, and we are scheduling those tests as well. In the meantime, I am still working on other things in hopes for a resolution.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you've seen your doctor.

I think, if you have any fear its related to drinking, you need to stop drinking completely to adequately gauge what the problem might be.

D
Old 01-16-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
GG7

Yes, I am strongly considering it and cutting back majorly has been a goal of mine for a while. So far it's going very well, as I am eating clean, exercising and focusing on optimal health. But abstinence is best. Not even interested in drinking lately and glad about it
Old 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
GG7

Thank you
Originally Posted by Verdantia View Post
Hey there, GG. I'm not a medical professional, and we are all different, but I did have serious numbness and tingling in my hands and feet and the end of my drinking days, and for about six months afterward. It was awful, and felt like I was walking on hot coals--I am a musician, and losing the feeling in my fingers was very frightening as well. However, after half a year of sobriety and taking care of myself, the numbness and pain gradually went away, and now--some years later--I have no symptoms. Our bodies are very resilient and can take lots of abuse, but we must not drink in order to get better. Wishing you all the best in sobriety this coming new year.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
GG7

Hi @53500 I sent you a message. Had a quick question. Thanks
Originally Posted by 53500 View Post
Hello everyone, just had to chime in here. I've never had a drinking problem but I had a tingling problem, several years back. Mostly my arms, hands, and most annoyingly my face! Sometimes my legs and feet also. I also had headaches and stomach aches and dizziness Sometimes all of these problems at once, or in different combinations. The tingling and dizziness was unnerving to the extent I had to pull over when driving and wait. I'd slap my legs, hands and face, trying to stop or at least reduce the tingling.

I went to the ER one day and was given saline which helped a little but not for long. They could not find any cause. I went to one doctor after another and had test after test, spent a lot of money and all the tests came out fine. This took months.

I was recommended to a neurologist who did a cursory exam and gave me a sample of some antidepressant! I was desperate enough to try it. He said there were no side effects. Within a couple of hours I had severe diarrhea and dizziness. I spent a long time in the restroom at my office holding onto the walls of the stall, trying not to pass out. If I'd been driving when this hit I would've lost control of my car. I later found out this reaction was a common side effect. I threw the pills away.

Before the neurologist my wonderful holistic practitioner had ordered a urine test where I collected urine over 24 hours and then it was sent to a lab. The results came back: I had high levels of metal - mercury I think, and others. I told the neurologist and another doctor about this and they basically disregarded it. The neurologist practically threw the test results on the floor.

I started reading around and discovered that metal toxins could come from disintegrating metal dental fillings, the old amalgam kind. I had seven of these fillings, decades old. The holistic guy agreed. I went to my dentist and yes indeed, two of the fillings were clearly falling apart.

Over a period of months I got all the metal fillings taken out and replaced with porcelain. One tooth needed a crown. One filling literally feel to pieces in my mouth. I was spitting out metal.

Once the metal fillings were gone the symptoms disappeared.

Metal poisoning can produce all sorts of symptoms. If you have any of those silver-colored metal dental fillings it's worth checking it out.

I hope you feel better.