Notices

hi I'm new here and new to AA

Old 11-30-2004, 06:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Good 4 u 23 and admitting the booze ain't 4 u. It took me until 43 to get as smart as you. Keep that guy of yours. It takes support of your loved ones. If, you're friends don't like the new you drop them. You got to worry about you. Go to meetings as many as you can squeeze in. Try for some open meetings so your b/f can go. Get you a sponser. You got your whole life ahead of you don't wait until your in your 40's and wonder where your life went. You can do it
Old 11-30-2004, 06:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Hi Heidi,
I posted the following in another thread:
I'm new here. If I tell you my story, you'll think I'm nuts. I have a loving husband (whom I met 5 years ago when he played music, I later joined the band), we have a blended family of 13 and have a beautiful house. I just gave birth to our second set of twins, 6 weeks ago. The dilemma is this: We were both able to stay off the drink entirely during my pregnancies and we were happy as could be while staying off the drink, yet we started drinking again, the same old habit from our pub days while playing Irish music. Immediately after we started up again, we started to have fights again. I know it's the damn drink because when we didn't drink we managed our life pretty well despite all the issues with being a blended family, stress, etc...
I feel soooo stupid for drinking right after the birth of the babies because I had such a good shot at sobriety while preggo but that damn celebratory first glass of champagne DIT IT. I hate myself right now. I drank a few nights ago after the kids were in bed and I got into disputes with online friends and I sent stupid emails to people, got mad at dh and also depressed the next morning. I feel like I'm losing everything that we built up and I KNOW that my only chance is to quit entirely, no matter how good the German and Irish beer tastes This was my first day off the drink again and I'm just praying that I can stay off it or I'll lose everything....
Old 11-30-2004, 06:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I forgot: I'm 35, dh is 61.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

I do not think your nuts! but i am happy for you that you are on this site because i think we both would bring something to the table. i know i could learn alot from you and maybe someday i'll have something that you can learn from. i'm very happy your here! keep coming and hopefully we can talk soon!