Notices

Checking in

Old 12-26-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in

Hi, just wanted to check in on my day 12.
I'm doing well and feeling less anxious and more confident in myself as each day passes. It's hard to create new routines at this time of year but I've crossed some bridges and happy with where I'm at mentally and physically.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-26-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 12 Sushi Roll!

D
Old 12-26-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

My climb out of the depths of active addiction was like 2 steps forward...pause for a month...1 step back.

I except i am heavily kindled and suffer ptsd from the off and on drinking style i maintained.

The gift was that through each day, even from day one, i felt periods of complete serenity. while i was actively drinking and in the early days, first year or so of my new non drinking lifestyle, i would routinely slip into obsessive hell on earth.

Thankfully, those days and times have continued to go away. AA calls it serenity. i will buy that. i am grateful to feel normal.

I was a bit of a bad boy today since i already ate some delicious walnut cake, pumpkin chocolate chip cake, and to left over boxes of Halloween candy (Dots).

Thank God i didn't burn the bridge in my relationship with my wife. that bridge must be made out of titanium, because this girl is bullet proof. She just got done working a 13 hours shift and is now sleeping while the tv is going and while i click away on this keyboard.

I am still contemplating going to the gym, but since i have an easy day at work tomorrow i might just continue to chill here at home and hit it hard tomorrow. Haven't decided yet.

This is a good problem to have.

Thanks.
Old 12-26-2019, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

grats on 12!
Old 12-26-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done, SR.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Check in complete. Congratulations on Day 12. Just think how awesome it's going to be going into the new year sober. It's something you will never forget.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
Check in complete. Congratulations on Day 12. Just think how awesome it's going to be going into the new year sober. It's something you will never forget.
Absolutely. I'm ready.
Thanks HeadEast.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
My climb out of the depths of active addiction was like 2 steps forward...pause for a month...1 step back.

I except i am heavily kindled and suffer ptsd from the off and on drinking style i maintained.

The gift was that through each day, even from day one, i felt periods of complete serenity. while i was actively drinking and in the early days, first year or so of my new non drinking lifestyle, i would routinely slip into obsessive hell on earth.

Thankfully, those days and times have continued to go away. AA calls it serenity. i will buy that. i am grateful to feel normal.

I was a bit of a bad boy today since i already ate some delicious walnut cake, pumpkin chocolate chip cake, and to left over boxes of Halloween candy (Dots).

Thank God i didn't burn the bridge in my relationship with my wife. that bridge must be made out of titanium, because this girl is bullet proof. She just got done working a 13 hours shift and is now sleeping while the tv is going and while i click away on this keyboard.

I am still contemplating going to the gym, but since i have an easy day at work tomorrow i might just continue to chill here at home and hit it hard tomorrow. Haven't decided yet.

This is a good problem to have.

Thanks.
Hi D122y, pumpkin chocolate chip cake sounds interesting. I had berry cheesecake and trifle. I can't say I've reached serenity yet but I'm on the right track. I'm glad you have the support of your wife it certainly makes a difference.
Take care.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by Sushiroll View Post
Hi D122y, pumpkin chocolate chip cake sounds interesting. I had berry cheesecake and trifle. I can't say I've reached serenity yet but I'm on the right track. I'm glad you have the support of your wife it certainly makes a difference.
Take care.
I love going back and reading my recent posts to see if folks reacted etc.

Thanks for the comment.

My wife is a very honest and emotional person with me. She doesn't understand addiction like us here. I have explained it, but until a person decides to stop being an active addict, they can't relate.

She has learned over the last 20 plus years with me I appreciate support at times.

When it comes to booze addiction she seemed to pick up from me that booze is poison, but it took some time.

She drinks so little that it is likely she will not be altered like I was.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi D122y, I think those of us with supportive partners are very lucky. It would be understandable to me for them to just say "well just don't drink then". As we all know easier said than done.

I've just hit 2 weeks and feeling good. There have been times I'd like a drink but old habits die hard. I don't feel the need to numb out any more. I think I was numbing my drinking life out anyway. It's a vicious circle.

Life is good.
Happy Monday.