Notices

short and sweet

Old 12-06-2019, 11:57 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

OK, this pisses me off. Who are you to say people do not belong on this site? Please post when you are not drinking.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think Jeff meant members as opposed to lurkers, Head East.

Jeff, man - you need to get some rest.
what about calling it a day?

D
Old 12-07-2019, 12:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

OK, thanks! I'm watching TV and reading and I didn't realize it's over 1 AM. I'm retired so I don't have to work tomorrow. Look at it this way. The last time I was awake at 1 AM doing something was when I was a teenager.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:22 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Jeff, this is not a good look for you buddy.

When you are not drinking you are amazing, so cool, collected, smart, kind, funny.

Drinking.... you seem to like to brag about violence and money and things that just are not that important to us in terms of who you are as a person.

We like you for YOU. Please put down the drink and get back to the guy we know and love.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:24 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

...and with what Mera and Dee have said recently, I sign off. To those on the fence about drinking, read this thread. This is how an alcoholic having relapse acts. Its not cute, its not funny, its real life and I need to sober up and get back to my "real life". But let me say one thing, I did accomplish a goal. I'll leave it at that. Gimme a day or two, I'll be back. Jeff
Old 12-07-2019, 12:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Believe me, I've wanted to take my stepson and shake him by shoulders until his eyeballs rattled around in his head--but that would have accomplished nothing. And really...my thinking that way made me just as crazy as him.

So, when you were actively drinking and the people who care about you tried to tell you that you needed to grow up and stop drinking...how did that go? Did it work well? Did you listen rationally and follow their instructions?

Or, did you finally come to that conclusion on your own--albeit after being involved in an accident, if memory serves.

I'm sorry you are so angry and frustrated. I hope for your own sake you will work to take care of yourself and learn to let go of the chaos you cannot control.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're sober and feeling more like your self today Jeff.

D
Old 12-07-2019, 03:58 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you're sober and feeling more like your self today Jeff.

D
Nursing some wounds Dee, but digesting my anger which is priority#1.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
We love you!
Old 12-07-2019, 05:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

okay, had a little cool down time and a good meal. I will never back away from the fact that my feelings are justified. How I reacted was probably not justified. That being said, for many years I felt my parents thought I was their "toy". I was the result of premarital sex. shot gun wedding. S0 they thought I was just cute, but not to be taken seriously. I warned them, they laughed. Tonight they saw I can be ruthless and I'm not a "joke" or a "toy". We'll see where this goes, but from my standpoint, can't be bad. So much more to say, but it only pertains to me and I don't want to bore people.
I'm sure you're not boring anyone! I hope you're feeling better now. You must love your family an awful lot. I'm glad you felt you could come here and vent...not going to preach at you about the drinking part of it....but I really do believe that most anger stems from HURT. It hurts to see your dad be so destructive and you don't want to sit back and take it in as if you are helpless to do anything.......but, as I've learned in my own co=dependency work I must let go in some situations for MY OWN GOOD....because if I don't let go to an extent and step back I end up being just as wounded/sick....
Old 12-07-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

are you still drinking?
Old 12-07-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Believe me, I've wanted to take my stepson and shake him by shoulders until his eyeballs rattled around in his head--but that would have accomplished nothing. And really...my thinking that way made me just as crazy as him.

So, when you were actively drinking and the people who care about you tried to tell you that you needed to grow up and stop drinking...how did that go? Did it work well? Did you listen rationally and follow their instructions?

Or, did you finally come to that conclusion on your own--albeit after being involved in an accident, if memory serves.

I'm sorry you are so angry and frustrated. I hope for your own sake you will work to take care of yourself and learn to let go of the chaos you cannot control.
unfortunately no one told me to grow up. Although they should have. Instead I come from a family that pokes fun at people with addictions or problems. Its not a good look, for anyone IMO.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
are you still drinking?
nope, I am having some broccoli cheese soup and crackers. Some water and then bedtime. I'm actually mapping out our trip to LA. Can't wait to see the rocky mountains again. Its been a long time, they are so beautiful.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:08 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff,

How are you holding up? Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself. I hope you feel better tomorrow and have a restful Sunday.

Good night and take care. We are all in your corner. If you feel like it, you should join the December class. There are lots of really nice folks there.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Joining a class is a really good idea Pouncer - worth thinking about Jeff

D